• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Frontier Exit Bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They would still need someone to tap into the mountain cities. I don't know if the 170 is a good plane for ASE.

The mood of the pilot group has changed from Giddy to funeral like. Republic wants a no scope clause with F9. Are you out of your mind! I already feel the Midwest scenario coming on F9 property. Pay an Airbus Captain 120 an hour or pay a Republic Captain for an E-175 or E-190 87 an hour for a nine year Captain? I hope there are other investors out there that may bid higher. I can see it now E-190's with Frontier Livery and Republic pilots flying for 87 dollars an hour! Bye bye Airbuses and bye bye Frontier culture which is pretty awesome to say the least.
Vote no on scope and vote often!

Last edited:
Glad I'm already furloughed from F9 instead worrying like all the guys still on property. It would have been nice to be recalled since it is a great place to work but looks like other options may prove more beneficial. Good luck to you all and I hope something good comes out of this.

Has a regional ever bought a national? We are in no mans land these days and its just straight up crazy industry.

Despite what Bedford says, there will be an integration of the two seniority lists (three, if Lynx is part of the deal). The RAH CBA requires it. The new trusteeship of Teamsters Local 747 has only worked on two business items so far that we can publicly observe, one being the hearings on our former president/legal counsel, and the other being a wrongful termination case. In both cases, the trustees have come out swinging with well crafted arguments and have been an enormus improvement over our indicted former representation. Bedford will not get around an integration. That said, I am certain that Frontier will be operated as a fourth, separate certificate. I am also certain that the seniority list integration, which is handled by the unions and not Bedford, will give some sort of fence protection to the Frontier guys. While there are RAH pilots who would love to get their hands on the 'Bus, the majority of us are sensible and recognize the need for such protections.

This mve will not hurt RAH's contracts with its partner airlines. We already make money by flying for US Airways, United, Delta, American, Continental, Midwest, and Mokulele. We have always served competing interests. This is no different. None of the above listed airlines will be in contract with the Frontier certificate, and therefore will not be bound by any constraints imposed by those major airlines. American limited the CHQ certificate to 50 seat airplanes via contract, but they can't influence Shuttle or Republic. Likewise, United and Delta have influenced the Shuttle certificate, but cannot exert influence over the Republic certificate. RAH will not lose any business. RAH will be a holding company, and no one will see any big difference at Frontier. Yes, 190's may show up in place of new Airbus. And yes, at some point in time an RAH pilot will end up in the driver's seat of a Frontier aircraft. But, it will stop there.

Despite what Bedford says, there will be an integration of the two seniority lists (three, if Lynx is part of the deal). The RAH CBA requires it. The new trusteeship of Teamsters Local 747 has only worked on two business items so far that we can publicly observe, one being the hearings on our former president/legal counsel, and the other being a wrongful termination case. In both cases, the trustees have come out swinging with well crafted arguments and have been an enormus improvement over our indicted former representation. Bedford will not get around an integration. That said, I am certain that Frontier will be operated as a fourth, separate certificate. I am also certain that the seniority list integration, which is handled by the unions and not Bedford, will give some sort of fence protection to the Frontier guys. While there are RAH pilots who would love to get their hands on the 'Bus, the majority of us are sensible and recognize the need for such protections.

This mve will not hurt RAH's contracts with its partner airlines. We already make money by flying for US Airways, United, Delta, American, Continental, Midwest, and Mokulele. We have always served competing interests. This is no different. None of the above listed airlines will be in contract with the Frontier certificate, and therefore will not be bound by any constraints imposed by those major airlines. American limited the CHQ certificate to 50 seat airplanes via contract, but they can't influence Shuttle or Republic. Likewise, United and Delta have influenced the Shuttle certificate, but cannot exert influence over the Republic certificate. RAH will not lose any business. RAH will be a holding company, and no one will see any big difference at Frontier. Yes, 190's may show up in place of new Airbus. And yes, at some point in time an RAH pilot will end up in the driver's seat of a Frontier aircraft. But, it will stop there.

You talked alot but missed the main point. The company you happen to work for is eliminating a decent career for a perpetual job.

Not only that, but you are assuming that the f9ers vote yes. I would be absolutely amazed if that happened. The no scope clause will never fly.

Why would they need the no scope. He just lets the two companies merge seniority lists per the RAH contract. You will fight to Put up a fence not allowing cross bidding for a certain number of years. Then BB slowly eliminates the airbuses and brings on 190's and BAM, you have just lost a nice pay scale and work rules and are operating under RAH contract.

Why would they need the no scope. He just lets the two companies merge seniority lists per the RAH contract. You will fight to Put up a fence not allowing cross bidding for a certain number of years. Then BB slowly eliminates the airbuses and brings on 190's and BAM, you have just lost a nice pay scale and work rules and are operating under RAH contract.

bINGO! This should send up Red Flags to all F9 pilots. Anyone asking for "unlimited scope relief" is just asking to outsource ALL of your flying. Look at Midwest for an example of what good can come out of have no scope protection. :eek:

Latest resources

Back