• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Frontier Exit Bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sure they each knew this was going to happen prior to today's announcement.

StaySeated,

Can't wait to see you in our new exciting base. Which one will that be?

SDF? BUF? CMH? Oh boy oh boy!

I hope those who can attend the road shows that F9 management and Bedford are hosting ask them "how much are you getting paid for this deal". Please, someone ask Sean Mehncke this, PLEASE!!!

Cornelius,

Are you an actual F9 pilot?? I ask this because there is not an F9 pilot on the list that would mispell the name Sean Menke. His name is simple and it's everywhere, especially when he signs his monthly letter to the pilot group. Yet somehow you have managed to grossly mispell his name in every post.

Newf

Sorry, I've been off property for 10 months so I don't see his name as much. Got furloughed 10/31/2008 from F9. Kinda embarrased now.

THIS IS GREAT FOR THE INDUSTRY! TWO LCC (MIDWEST/FRONTIER) Dissolved, less competition.

I CAN TELL U, WE WILL BURN THE PLACE DOWN. NO MORE RELIEF!

CYA

I thought when Frontier took paycuts it was going to prevent all this?

Paycuts never prevent anything! Except the upper management's bank accounts.

Sorry, I've been off property for 10 months so I don't see his name as much. Got furloughed 10/31/2008 from F9. Kinda embarrased now.

Dont be embarrased....your a good stick and a cool cat...who gives a f&#^ if you can spell Menkes name or not!

Cornelius,

I didn't mean to embarrass you brother. Plus I didn't notice that you were a furloughee and that explains a lot. My bad. I apologize!

The sad fact of the matter is that the Frontier pilot group is screwed unless a bigger suitor joins the game. It's only a matter of time. Did you listen to the interview with Beford? Midwest pilots will be integrated into the RAH list at Republic pay scales. Welcome to the family.

F9 was an awesome place to work. Not perfect but pretty darn good. I still think LUV would be smart to drop the coin and buy up Frontier. The pilots would make out OK with Allegheny-Mohawk. The biggest benefit to LUV would be keeping out Republic and a lot very low paid and low cost competition.

jetBlue would be another good option. Mehncke (sorry brother just havin' some with you) is not an idiot. Not as smart as he gets credit for but not an idiot. If I were going to bid on F9 I'd hang out to the end and see how it plays out then come in at the last minute with the cash and clean up.

No way Frontier can come out of this in one piece. They just don't have the time or the financials. I respect our current FAPA leadership and I believe they will do their best. Unfortunately they pretty much have a gun to the head. Whatever deal they make is only buying time. Bedford is a shrewd operator and he will dismantle the F9 pilot group in a few short years. Make all the agreements you want. It's over.

Good luck to every airline pilot if this goes through with Republic. Remember when everybody was looking forward to things turning around after September 11th. It's been almost 8 years and we are headed back down the slide yet again.

The future of this business is not a good one. The future of this business belongs to starry eyed kids with their heads full of dreams. Of course, one day you kids will turn 40 or so, have families, kids, medical bills and a mortgage payment. Look over your shoulder because your future is going to be totally screwed over by more starry eyed kids with their heads full of dreams. Enjoy it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back