Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When was the last time you flew a small airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fun

"Whhhooooo Ahhhhhhhhh Eahhhhhhhhhh.....BONK....Crap, take that earth " Went up about 8 mo. ago while I was still flying turboprops. Wasn't to bad after I remembered that you don't land with power in a 172. Had fun.

cforst513 said:
not to hijack this thread or anything, but i just wanted to comment that i have seen at least 3 people with quotes from Training as their signature. that guy's flame baiters party the other day was unreal. i hope to god that he was just messing around.

i just thought that i'd throw that in there. we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Training is a tool.

Is a Beech 1900 a "small plane"?:rolleyes: Last time for me in a single-piston was doing an IPC in a C-210T about a month ago.

DrewBlows said:
Holy crap! That was 11 years before I was born. RFK and MLK were still alive!

Drew,

OK...now that's just rubbin' it in !!!

August 1998. I think about renting a 172 all the time, then I think of all the ways a single piston can kill me and I reconsider.

LearLove said:
BTW that 152 I rented on Thur was up to $66/hr hobbs, OUCH.

Ouch is right. If I remember correctly, the 152's at the flight school where I did my private were $40/hr, a mere 12 years ago. When we were setting up my training, my father commented that the Tri-pacer that he flew for his private certificate (mid 60's) was something like $12 or 15/hr. For 60 or 70 you could "upgrade" to the luxurious 172 with LORAN and, GET THIS, a 2-axis autopilot! I wonder what such high-tech equipment runs for now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back