Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When to start looking ahead to the ATP stage?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do most take the 135 or the 121 test? (that question is directed to those who haven't flown much 135 or any 121)

nosehair said:
Originally Posted by NYCPilot
You just don't need to study the 135 regs if taking 121 and vice versa. On my 121 almost all of my questions were from the 135 section.

?...huh??

What I meant was that if you're taking the 121 don't study the 135 Regs. and vice versa. For all other chapters, there is supposed to be "135" or "121" IFR flights, aircraft and performance questions. Study all of these except the sections purely on the regs.

On my 121 test I ended up getting more 135 aircraft, performance and IFR trips than the 121 version of it. Theoretically, I should have had 121 stuff instead.

I mostly studied the 121 and just before taking the test looked over the 135 stuff. All B-1900 questions and 135 IFR trips were on my exam.

I did the ALLATP one day written prep. I DID study the W&B / flight planning questions with all of the long math before going there, however. One day, wizz, bang, done, over. Got a 90 and that's amazing for a moron like myself! Best 300 bucks I ever spent!

By software, do you mean the practice tests you take on your computer? I downloaded the software for my commerical some time ago. It worked well.
My question is, what is the benefit of having the GLEIM book, and the cdrom? Is there a recommened way to study with both?

I'd just get the software if I were to do it all over again. I just guessed on all of the long x-c calculations.
I took the 121 version and passed with an 86.

Latest resources

Back