• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When is the PinnaColaba list effective?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which brings us back to the original point. By managements own admision Mesaba, like most shrinking carriers, was over staffed and PCL was understaffed at the time the Bloch took the snapshot. A very good case can be made the that this will result in a windfall for Mesaba pilots and that the 'ratio' should have used AC, and not pilots, in the fleet.

"Windfall" for Mesaba pilots? /sigh. That word might be a bit overused. How can an alleged discrepency of less than 100 fence positions create a "windfall" for Mesaba pilots? Also, how is a Mesaba pilot getting a 200 position they would have held within a year anyways a windfall?

You can talk about Saab displacements all you want, but we have 14 active for Delta right now, and apparently we aren't too overstaffed because about 50% of my trips on reserve end up with me in DTW, MEM, ATL, or LGA when I am based in MSP. If we are so overstaffed, not only would I be sitting at home, but I wouldn't have to cover other base's trips because they should have people sitting at home as well.

Well, I would hardly call that a windfall. Maybe, and I use that word lightly, it will just get us closer to evening things out. I would say Colgan got a windfall in all areas. I am now 40 numbers junior to a friend that was hired at Colgan 2 1/2 years after me. How is that fair and equitable? I lost 2 1/2 years of seniority, 2% relative seniority, obtained only modest gains in the new contract, and lost the ability to flow to Delta

No, it isn't fair and equitable. You got a windfall man...come on. :beer:

Which brings us back to the original point. By managements own admision Mesaba, like most shrinking carriers, was over staffed and PCL was understaffed at the time the Bloch took the snapshot. A very good case can be made the that this will result in a windfall for Mesaba pilots and that the 'ratio' should have used AC, and not pilots, in the fleet.
Definitely NOT a "windfall" for XJ. As the OP mentioned, if anything, this brings us to more equal. 9L felt their own pain. Their pre merger list was essentially split in half and the bottom half integrated at the VERY bottom of the combined list. Status/Category, although fair for a group as a whole, is harsh to individuals. Especially if they are on a cusp. As a whole, each list had gains and losses. When compared to each other lists, it probably was fair. But inside each list there were individuals that saw large gains or losses. This is where Status/Category becomes unfair. It is no more evident than in hiring booms, where a person fell into Group I only because he was hired 6 months or so over a person that fell in Group III (and over 800 numbers behind the first individual).

DOH would have been a much more "fair" integration method, both as a individual and as a whole. As I re-read Bloch's decision, I keep thinking he recognized this too. He mentions it several times. I think the wait was because he changed his methodology after the DOH debacle to try to eliminate the discussion. If this was the case, we all shot ourselves in the foot. 9E for the DOH changes, 9L for discovering it and bringing it up, and XJ for pushing the issue so hard. We may have been our own worst enemy.

Windfall for Mesaba? You kidding me?
As a close to bottom 200 Capt I received no improvement from the contract.
From the SLI I have nearly all the 9e 200 and 9l 'Q' Captains above me. At 8 years with close to 600 pilots above me with much less seniority.

Yep I feel the windfall.

I am displacement fodder. While someone is a 200 Capt with much less longevity than me, I stand a real possibility of being an FO. Again whoo!!!

DOH would have been a much more "fair" integration method, both as a individual and as a whole. As I re-read Bloch's decision, I keep thinking he recognized this too. He mentions it several times. I think the wait was because he changed his methodology after the DOH debacle to try to eliminate the discussion. If this was the case, we all shot ourselves in the foot. 9E for the DOH changes, 9L for discovering it and bringing it up, and XJ for pushing the issue so hard. We may have been our own worst enemy.

Agreed. I saw several mentions of DOH, but it almost seemed he had to stray away from it due the to the DOH issue brought up (initially) by Mesaba. He recognized both 9E and XJ brought up valid points, and was unable to conclude on the topic. He's left it for us or the ALPA rulemakers to figure the issue out.

Latest resources

Back