When is the PinnaColaba list effective?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Anyone know? Bloch didn't mention an effective date. And when will we get our single operating certificate? Pinnacle is far too shortstaffed to allow any Colgan/Mesaba upgrades. Kinda impossible when they are cancelling sim training for current Pinnacle pilots as a result of a lack of instructors. How long will this company operational fence last?

Colgan/Mesaba will get the SOC. 9E already has its certificate for 200/900. So it's just when the asset transfer (oops "merger") of the jets from mesaba happens.

O. Filling of Vacancies 1. A Pilot who holds an award for a Position as of February 18, 2011 shall continue to hold such awarded Position. Any Vacancy, Realignment, or Reduction Notice that closes prior to the announcement of the ISL will be awarded in accordance with the prior CBA as applied to the individual Airline. If the ISL is announced prior to the close of a notice, then that award will be in accordance with the JCBA as applied to all Airlines, collectively, and Pilots will be given at least ten (10) days to bid on any such notice utilizing the form described in paragraph O.4., below.

I am surprised you didn't see this in LOA 2 hiding just above your almighty DOH paragraph. :)

p.s. I am offended you didn't capitalize the "Mesaba" portion of Pinnacolaba, but you capitalized the "Colgan" part. :laugh:

Last edited:
I am surprised you didn't see this in LOA 2 hiding just above your almighty DOH paragraph. :)
Do you honestly think on the next 9E vacancy they're going to have the manpower to put a Colgan or an XJ pilot through Pinnacle indoc - 1 week, systems 2 weeks, GFS - 1week, sims - 2 weeks to 3+ months, depends, type ride, OE, fed ride, etc. I got a wake up call for ya: we don't have the manpower to do any of that. Heck, the last vacancy that closed before the ISL doesn't even have upgrade classes until end August/early September.

Colgan/Mesaba will get the SOC. 9E already has its certificate for 200/900. So it's just when the asset transfer (oops "merger") of the jets from mesaba happens.

Bingo. That's what I'm thinking. Until all RJs from Mesaba come to Pinnacle, 9e management will probably argue we are not a single operating certificate, therefore, ISL isn't effective yet. I just don't see 9E management allowing the plethora of movement instantly on the next vacancy.

Do you honestly think on the next 9E vacancy they're going to have the manpower to put a Colgan or an XJ pilot through Pinnacle indoc - 1 week, systems 2 weeks, GFS - 1week, sims - 2 weeks to 3+ months, depends, type ride, OE, fed ride, etc. I got a wake up call for ya: we don't have the manpower to do any of that. Heck, the last vacancy that closed before the ISL doesn't even have upgrade classes until end August/early September.

It doesn't matter if they have the manpower or not. The next vacancies are open to all. It's in the contract they agreed to. If Mesaba's minimum isn't met before they open it to Colgan/Pinnacle then there will be issues.

It doesn't matter if they have the manpower or not. The next vacancies are open to all. It's in the contract they agreed to. If Mesaba's minimum isn't met before they open it to Colgan/Pinnacle then there will be issues.

bri, what is the effective date of that ISL award? I don't see one. Only thing I see is a footnote that alludes to taking care of the XJ furloughee list issue (listed twice) before achieving single operating certificate. Until you can prove this ISL is effective immediately, I don't see the issues. The planes from XJ haven't even been moved to Pinnacle, nor have any XJ guys received any Pinnacle training. Until you're Pinnaclized, I don't see that movement starting yet.

so what you are saying is that the SLI is not effective. good, lets start over. If this sli followed alpa merger policy it would not have 2001 hires behind 2007/8 hires. un f'ing believable

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back