• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can you call yourself a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when you're at a bar trying to impress the ladies! :)

My mom calls me a pilot but I would never admit it. When people ask I say I'm in the aluminum tubing buisness.

I don't call myself a pilot....I usually avoid it at all costs actually. It rarely ever picks up any chicks, and usually leads to a neverending series of pointless questions like "what route do you fly?" I just tell people I work at the airport.

Last edited:
I'll start calling myself a pilot when I get "a route to fly". ;)

DAS--LOL! That was a hoot!TC

SkyBoy1981 said:
I don't call myself a pilot....I usually avoid it at all costs actually. It rarely ever picks up any chicks, and usually leads to a neverending series of pointless questions like "what route do you fly?" I just tell people I work at the airport.

OR, they automatically go off on their worst travel story, they all include the same details:

Oh my god! We were going to Vegas and the plane was late and they they came on the speaker and said it was broke and it would take, like, 30 minutes to fix and then we hit some turbulence and we must have dopped, like, 500 feet and then we were late and they lost my bag, it was the worst experience of my life!

At this point I'm usually regretting telling myself that honsty is the best policy when meeting new people, especially women.

I've always thought aluminum tubing was good, I also just say "systems management, it's a little boring."

Latest resources

Back