When ATC reads ATIS too fast?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain4242 said:
I understand that sometimes the local controller gets busy and is therefore cramped for time, But...
Why do they sometimes read the ATIS too fast?? Is speed that necessary? I consider myself to be a fairly competent pilot, yet, with room to still learn. Going into ACK yesterday, the report was issued so fast that I couldn't even understand the phrase "Nantucket weather". It's even more of a distraction when the weather turns out to be low, which it was.
I don't think this is isolated to any airport or controller, just time of day and workload situations.
WhatdoyousaytothecontrollerswhentheygiveATIStooquickly? What'sthemostproperwaytotellATChowannoyingthatis?

I have more of an issue with an atis plus numerous notam's that's so long, I've flown over half a state by the time I have listened to it all!

Statements retracted due to excessive heat of responses

Sorry to ruffle your feathers guys, maybe I should have spent a few more seconds thinking before hitting the "quick reply" button.

I just check in and say "negative ATIS". When they ask if it's up I tell them yes, but it's not understandable.

Latest resources

Back