• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When are the Saabs leaving at Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, NW can not just arbitrarily remove further aircraft from the Pinnacle ASA. There are certain conditions that must be met for them to do that.

Turbo

Thats cool about the 900 I didn't know it could go into Aspen. Well, I stand corrected.. wonder if we'll start going there anytime soon.. probably not by the sounds of it.

There's no CAT D mins in ASE. I'm not sure how the 900 would go there.

They could get the FAA to sign off on a special approach procedure specific to the aircraft and company.

Raskal said:
it has too many seats for ASE, so too hard to make any damn money.

Air Wisconsin could fill 100 seat 146s in and out of ASE during ski season...UAL made plenty of money by them doing it, too.

Air Wisconsin could fill 100 seat 146s in and out of ASE during ski season...UAL made plenty of money by them doing it, too.

I was wondering if that would come up. I would love to see some numbers from somewhere on the margin for ASE. I personally have no idea what made money in and out of there, only what I've been told, but I've heard both solid yes' and solid no's on the 146 ops. The only thing I do know is that when I was flying corporate into ASE often in the season those avros were packed from what I could see.

Any way to find that kind of info? I wouldn't even begin to know where to look.

76 seaters

Here is some fuel for the fire. NWA can only get 90 76 regional jets unless they increase the mainline fleet on a 1:1 basis. They already have 72 on their way to mesaba and compass (together). That leaves 18 more that can come. I think they will excersize those options for either compass or XJ. NWA has options for something like 90 planes at EMB and 150 planes at Bombardier. What are those planes going to be if they have such scope limitations to adhere to? Here is a thought.

18 more 76 seaters

Bombardier Q series orders

a larger than 110 seat DC -9 replacement to adhere to scope for the NWA pilots

no more crj 200's since they are not cost effective in this high fuel world

I think Compass is supposed to be getting 25 planes in their initial order, and I read in the paper about a month ago that NWA finalized 454 million in financing for 27 EMB-175LR's to go to Compass... That would put them at 52 planes and with our 36 at 88 76 seaters. That puts NWA 2 under the scope agreement...

I think that financing was for the second half of their initial 36 airplane order, I seem to remember reading that article myself.

To bad they still don't let you throw the deck furniture in the pool.

That wasn't me and I have proof! Oh yeah, I'm still employed, thats the proof.

Joking aside, atleast thats better than getting drunk off your butt, hitting on a girl in the bar, getting denied, watching the rest of the crew honor the 12-hour company rule, drinking 4 more hours, hit on the girl again, get denied again, get mad, storm out to the pool... wait, that was the same incident wasn't it?

Okay, atleast better than ending up locked outside the room completely naked and walking down to the front desk to get another key! That one wasn't me either, but I know it happenned!

It seems to me the Mesaba SF-340 leases were for 18 years starting from sometime in the early 1990's (I'm sure someone can find it on-line, I have no inclination)..The airline industry was booming, and I recall being disappointed that such long-term leases were signed...At the time, the regional jet was new and "taking over" the industry...Who would have thought in that time of cheap oil that the Saab's would survive the "RJ revolution" and maintain their niche....Personally, I feel that we will see $100/barrel oil before we see $90/barrel again, simply reinforcing the niche of an aging aircraft in a failing industry...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back