• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When are the ASA ATR's leaveing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm seems to me that Delta has a replacement for the ATR lined up. Something that can operate from a 4300ft runway. Would they really open a new destination that an RJ can't fly into less than a year before the ATR's are retired?

If you were able to read, you'd have seen that the service is from March to September. As discussed above, our ATRs are scheduled to stay until December 07.

If you were able to read, you'd have seen that the service is from March to September. As discussed above, our ATRs are scheduled to stay until December 07.

If you are able to not trip over yourself from quickly trying to down someone on an anonymous internet message board, you would probably realize that the service would start up again March to September in 2008 and 2009 and 2010 and 2011 and 2012 and 2013 and on and on.

So what then will they do in 2008 oh wise one?

Runway 3/21

Dimensions: 4300 x 100 ft. / 1311 x 30 mSurface: asphalt/EWeight bearing capacity: Single wheel: 12000 lbsDouble wheel: 38000 lbs

Did I miss something when I read this on AirNav? Wouldn't that preclude the ATR from landing there?

Not sure if it's accurate, but PDT's been flying Dash's in there for years. The -300 is either 42 or 43k. I can't remember.

Nyboilermaker, just a shot in the dark here, but is your name in reference to that fantastic 15K in CNY?

-Blucher:beer:

Dash 8 300's were used some into HXD! Could fly 50 pax into HXD (42,000 is landing weight) but from what I remember we could only fly about 30 pax out of there! Mostly run 100's in there and out. Its about a 45 minute flight to CLT so we usually only carrier 3200lbs of fuel on a nice day. I can't remember, but I think taking off on 21 has a big restriction do to the tree line!
Oh! They did widen the runway last year!!!

Fun overnight! We usually run about 12-14 flights a day from CLT in the summer! We stay at the Comfort Suits and its right near the beach. Hope you folks get in that Hotel!! More folks to party with!!!

Last edited:
Runway 3/21

Dimensions: 4300 x 100 ft. / 1311 x 30 mSurface: asphalt/EWeight bearing capacity: Single wheel: 12000 lbsDouble wheel: 38000 lbs

Did I miss something when I read this on AirNav? Wouldn't that preclude the ATR from landing there?

I was looking at the same info. At that weight you won't be able to take a full boat from HXB to ATL even on a perfect day. Not even close. That's something like 5000lbs hit from the max. GNV also has a short runway like that. I think Runways 13/31 and the ATRs has used it during construction when the main runway was closed for a period of time. I remember it took a serious hit. CSG also has a crosswind runways 7/25 and I remember seeing the data for it.

Last edited:
If you are able to not trip over yourself from quickly trying to down someone on an anonymous internet message board, you would probably realize that the service would start up again March to September in 2008 and 2009 and 2010 and 2011 and 2012 and 2013 and on and on.

So what then will they do in 2008 oh wise one?

That was weak.

Rwy 21 has a pretty big hit to it due to the lumber yard at the end.

Fun place to fly out of though. Ya'll are going to miss the nice crosswinds in the winter.

Hopefully they'll overnight ya'll near us. In the days of having 4 to 6 crews down there, we had a blast. Add some ASA folks in the mix, and I see some real fun in the future! Good places around our hotel.

More airline folks to party down with in HHH! Oh my lord, I sure do miss that overnight! Got to get the hell out of LGA!!!!

It's gonna be a blast, I am sure.

Latest resources

Back