• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When are the ASA ATR's leaveing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard that the old expiration date was June 07...then it was extended to Sep 07. Thats for ships 630-637. The 640s are owned by Big D.

Hopefully never. Carrying 66 people at a fraction of the fuel burn, that plane is great for cities like CHA, AGS, MGM, CGS and all the other close by airports it serves, compared to an RJ.

Does anyone know the date the ATRs leave the fleet?

According to the program manager in recurrent last week, he said that the expected retirement schedule is as follows:

1 - Aug 07
2 - Sep 07
3 - Oct 07
3 - Nov 07
3 - Dec 07

Hope that helps.

I won't miss those days when a heavily laden ATR used to fly between ATL-GPT at night with no gas and crappy alternate and the crew asking if there is any way to get around some severe TS at 12000ft.

I won't miss those days when a heavily laden ATR used to fly between ATL-GPT at night with no gas and crappy alternate and the crew asking if there is any way to get around some severe TS at 12000ft.

Just drop down to 4000' or so, look for the rain shafts, and navigate around 'em! Or you could climb up to 18000-20000', just took a little longer ,but we get paid by the minute anyways.

Voted In Favor of Striking ASA!

Latest resources

Back