Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats your prediction on JetBlues next base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freinds tell me MCO by mid 08 and most likely a "virtual base" first. Word on the street is that OAK or SFO could be a base. Hey...if the DAL/UAL merger goes through...SLC would be wide open and DN would LOVE to get ahold of THAT city!!!:cool:

What is this "virtual base" business you speak of? It almost sounds like I could sit at home in my boxers in front of my computer and will the passengers from point A to B. Sign me up for that deal!

But seriously...would that be the same thing as a satellite base?

JoBlu... read my post again.. I said I would commute near term and move to a base long term... I would rather not commute for the length of the seatlock, I did a year commuting for upgrade and survived.. with only partial loss of sanity..

Just an FYI for the west coasters, I was in the Aug 1st class and 3 of my class mates are already in LGB (A320). They will be on RSV for a while but it is better then the cross country commute. See ya.

JoBlu... read my post again.. I said I would commute near term and move to a base long term... I would rather not commute for the length of the seatlock, I did a year commuting for upgrade and survived.. with only partial loss of sanity..

I think what johnsonrod (not joblu) was trying to point out is that you may not necessarily have an "aircraft decision" to make, as you put it. Unless you are at least 35yrs old, IMHO you should assume you will be in the 190 commuting for two years.

I think what johnsonrod (not joblu) was trying to point out is that you may not necessarily have an "aircraft decision" to make, as you put it. Unless you are at least 35yrs old, IMHO you should assume you will be in the 190 commuting for two years.

I agree. Expect the worse, hope for the best. IF/When MCO opens and you can hold it (it could go senior), I think that living around MCO is not a bad idea. There could be good growth out of that area.
Good luck.

I've heard like everyone MCO, almost a given it seems. Maybe IAD next.

Funny your should mention IAD. I was saying just yesterday that I woud like to see us expand in DC and see it be a base. That would be a long way off but we need to expand somewhere on the East coast and it ain't gonna be NY.

I don't know that LGB will have the room to be a 190 base so I believe when the 190's go west next year it could be the SFO/OAK base that has been mentioned.

MCO first
190 West second
IAD third.

I'm just pulling this stuff out of my but.

Yeah.. I am over 35 by a few years.. so have a decent shot at being one of the last 320 guys..
I am excited about working for JetBlue, not so excited about housing prices back east.. Would love for them to open up a base somewhere less expensive to live.. but could see myself a long drive out of Boston or a longer drive/train outside NYC. Grew up in a town of 12000 in Alaska.. so NYC is "not my thing baby." Hence the commute for a while and see how things settle out with bases and the commute.
Thanks for all the advice, keep it coming
Phil

I am a FA on reserve out of FLL. We heard same think MCO is next. I have house up there, even though my commute is short..I still have a crashpad. So I am spending money to work ..but what can you do? I also heard MCO will be senior..wait and see. I dont mind being on reserve at home!! I am sitting reserve in FLL. LOL

I am a FA on reserve out of FLL. We heard same think MCO is next. I have house up there, even though my commute is short..I still have a crashpad. So I am spending money to work ..but what can you do? I also heard MCO will be senior..wait and see. I dont mind being on reserve at home!! I am sitting reserve in FLL. LOL

Get off the pilots board!!!! you galley hag!!!

Latest resources

Back