• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up with DAL's greenslips?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I forgot my hat a couple trips ago. For some reason the airplane was still able to fly....

Go figure.

P-CRJ

So what's the deal with that? I plan on conforming to the DL uniform policy but if one were to forget his/her hat, can you expect a fine from the uniform police.

P-CRJ

So what's the deal with that? I plan on conforming to the DL uniform policy but if one were to forget his/her hat, can you expect a fine from the uniform police.

No, no fines. I think if you are seen outside of the crewroom without your hat you may be talked to in ATL, but I haven't seen it anywhere else. If they continue to recognize you without your hat, then you may get pulled in and questioned. If you refuse to conform, they may pull you in and talk with a few people. The best thing would be to bring your hat, hang it on your bag, and if asked put it on. Most wear it so they don't drop it or lose it. I would absolutely say bring it along regardless.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I had to go stand in the corner for an hour and write "I will not forget my hat" on the chalkboard 300 times.

In all seriousness, it's no big deal. It happens and it's alot better than forgetting your passport or something.

I think the uniform policy is most effective within the ATL area. The further you fly west, east, out of the country, it has more discretion for deviance:) Now I wear my hat because it's winter now, and with the upcoming displacement, i'm saving a few bucks on hair care products.:beer:

I spent 6 months on the 737 in NYC -- not a single GS.

So far I've been on the ER for a year and have gotten 2 (both during summer.)

Other than being flexible you really have no control over whether or not you are called. Right now the ER in NYC is fat (and it's winter.) The 88 in ATL is really short.

Bottom line: Don't bank on them.

Preety much right, don't bank on them. I would much rather have the 1.5 above 80 then you could whiteslip and make 1.5 pay because they do everything possible to get out of giving a greenslip. They will DH a guy around the world if they don't have to pay GS pay. 1.5 above 80 was a much better deal.

Latest resources

Back