What's up with DAL's greenslips?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nwaredtail

Just want to get a hold of the "greenslip's" that were sold to the NWA guys instead of 1.5 pay above 80. From what I have been told by the DAL guys, the greenslips are few and far between, and you pretty much need to live in base and work your days off to "maybe" get one.

How does it work and how many guys does it affect. At the roadshows, it was sold as a common occurance.

Just want to get a hold of the "greenslip's" that were sold to the NWA guys instead of 1.5 pay above 80. From what I have been told by the DAL guys, the greenslips are few and far between, and you pretty much need to live in base and work your days off to "maybe" get one.

How does it work and how many guys does it affect. At the roadshows, it was sold as a common occurance.

GS is given out depending on staffing. For DL, during summer time, it's a frequent events, but now in winter time, it depends on daily operation necessity.
In PCS, you have 4 GS request options: in-base w/conflict, in-base w/o conflict, out of base w/conflict, out of base w/o conflict. And you fill out the form that specify what date/time you're willing to accept GS, and which base and such. CS offers it from seniority, and the guy accepts it gets 2x pay(for lineholder) on his days off. For rsv guys, single pay, no credit, plus payback days for working in your off days.

Even during winter time, I got 5 voicemails begging for GS during my long stretch of days off (i was out of country) Company loves giving out GS because it saves them from having a higher number of reserve required.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

GS is given out depending on staffing. For DL, during summer time, it's a frequent events, but now in winter time, it depends on daily operation necessity.
In PCS, you have 4 GS request options: in-base w/conflict, in-base w/o conflict, out of base w/conflict, out of base w/o conflict. And you fill out the form that specify what date/time you're willing to accept GS, and which base and such. CS offers it from seniority, and the guy accepts it gets 2x pay(for lineholder) on his days off. For rsv guys, single pay, no credit, plus payback days for working in your off days.

Even during winter time, I got 5 voicemails begging for GS during my long stretch of days off (i was out of country) Company loves giving out GS because it saves them from having a higher number of reserve required.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Thanks, are you able to GS out of base, ie fly a NYC 88 trip when based in ATL?

Yes, GS maybe out of base (therefore you can select the option to fly GS in your home base or out of base, and it's up to you to make the show time. (Just don't forget to bring your hat:)

I believe you have 10 min. from scheduler calls you to decide if you want to pull the trigger before they move down the next GS pilots on seniority list.

I also like the FNW way of 1.5 pay above 80 hours. But that's a totally different subject. I would love to see both GS and your 1.5 pay >80 hours on our next contract:)

I live in SLC and am based at LAX. I have consistently got one out of base GS every month. I will be based in SLC at the end of the month but I have had a good deal of success with them. You just have to be flexible.

Last summer I was a GS fiened. A typical month was 5 Greenslips and two Inverse Assignments. I was still getting 13 days off a month and averaging 150 hours of pay. The good ol' days. Daviator

It's all luck

I spent 6 months on the 737 in NYC -- not a single GS.

So far I've been on the ER for a year and have gotten 2 (both during summer.)

Other than being flexible you really have no control over whether or not you are called. Right now the ER in NYC is fat (and it's winter.) The 88 in ATL is really short.

Bottom line: Don't bank on them.

It pays 200% for lineholders. For reserves it is straight pay above guarantee.

I forgot my hat a couple trips ago. For some reason the airplane was still able to fly....

Go figure.

Latest resources

Back