• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up with CitationShares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think what Glass was saying is that you didn't do anything special. Any professional fractional pilot would have done the exact same thing, and wouldn't have thought twice about it. Most of them certainly wouldn't use that story as an example of going above and beyond. But, if you feel it was, that does speak volumes about your perception of customer service.

I didn't say I did anything special and none of our pilots here would think that I did. It's just what we do and you're right that any professional pilot, not just a fractional pilot I'll add, should have done the same thing.

Although, I have on more than one occasion had to let pilots from the 800# gorilla know there passengers were waiting in the FBO lounge while they were munching crew meals. I'm not saying people shouldn't eat, but when it's show time for the passengers, that is when you are pressed and dressed for arrival. And no....the passengers weren't early.

Jehtplane....hang in there. I know it's not easy, but you'll be back.

If your going to speculate on company happenings, why not keep it positive?
Try this.
You think they will post bids? Who cares if some or all of the 85 furloughed dudes return with the addition of more jets.

Because they are ALREADY picked...

Although, I have on more than one occasion had to let pilots from the 800# gorilla know there passengers were waiting in the FBO lounge while they were munching crew meals. I'm not saying people shouldn't eat, but when it's show time for the passengers, that is when you are pressed and dressed for arrival. And no....the passengers weren't early.

Do you have copies of the 800# gorilla's schedules? How do you know if the passengers were early or late? Perhaps there's more to the story than you know.... :rolleyes:

Do you have copies of the 800# gorilla's schedules? How do you know if the passengers were early or late? Perhaps there's more to the story than you know.... :rolleyes:

Does it matter if they were early? Thought that's what the owners were paying for, the ability to travel on their schedule.

Besides, don't your crew meals cone in those neat plastic containers, making them somewhat portable?

Does it matter if they were early? Thought that's what the owners were paying for, the ability to travel on their schedule.

Besides, don't your crew meals cone in those neat plastic containers, making them somewhat portable?

So you think that that crew just sat there and ate after they were informed their passengers were there? My bet is they quickly got the airplane ready to go and left. It happens, it is rare but it happens.

My question is this, why do we have this need to turn every thread into "my company vs. your company?" I am sure you have noticed that we are in the middle of a large recession and pilots are losing jobs. Management teams are looking for any and every way to "right size" their companies. Why do I say this? Tomorrow it could be you or me that has a bad day and our passengers show up before we are ready for them (can you honestly say that a pilot at any fractional has woken up one morning with a burning desire to screw over a client?), we are in a rush and taxi out with a pitot cover on or millions of other gotchas that can jump up to bite us. If his story happens just like he said then he had their back, thank you. I would be willing to bet that sometime in the past or present some other pilot will watch or has watched his back. We are all pilots, we are all on the same team. The management types in their crystal palaces are not out on the line helping. They are the people that show up and want your job for your mistakes when they in fact they hold little accountability to their own mistakes.

So next time you see somebody having a bad day help them out. There is no telling what kind of stresses they are under. In return maybe you will put another chip in the Karma bank that will keep you out of a jam in the future.

Matt Williams

Well...the first occurance the crew told me there departure time just out of general chit chat. The second occurance was actually a friend of mine that I ran into the flys there.

Willy.........I agree with the whole karma bank theory and is why I am more than willing to help someone out. Hopefully, it will repay me one day when I need it.

It is intersting how pilots vs management always comes up. There are no bad people in our management out to get anyone here.

I'm looking forward to some positive growth so we can get all of our employees back to work!! :beer:

I did the same thing for a CitationShares crew that forgot to change time zones and thought they had another hour. What's your point? :rolleyes:

So you think that that crew just sat there and ate after they were informed their passengers were there? My bet is they quickly got the airplane ready to go and left. It happens, it is rare but it happens.

My question is this, why do we have this need to turn every thread into "my company vs. your company?" I am sure you have noticed that we are in the middle of a large recession and pilots are losing jobs. Management teams are looking for any and every way to "right size" their companies. Why do I say this? Tomorrow it could be you or me that has a bad day and our passengers show up before we are ready for them (can you honestly say that a pilot at any fractional has woken up one morning with a burning desire to screw over a client?), we are in a rush and taxi out with a pitot cover on or millions of other gotchas that can jump up to bite us. If his story happens just like he said then he had their back, thank you. I would be willing to bet that sometime in the past or present some other pilot will watch or has watched his back. We are all pilots, we are all on the same team. The management types in their crystal palaces are not out on the line helping. They are the people that show up and want your job for your mistakes when they in fact they hold little accountability to their own mistakes.

So next time you see somebody having a bad day help them out. There is no telling what kind of stresses they are under. In return maybe you will put another chip in the Karma bank that will keep you out of a jam in the future.

Matt Williams

This was very well said Willy. Amazing how most threads degrade to "your company sucks" or "I'm a better pilot and human being my badge says company A and yours says company B."

Latest resources

Back