• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up with CitationShares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you think that that crew just sat there and ate after they were informed their passengers were there? My bet is they quickly got the airplane ready to go and left. It happens, it is rare but it happens.

Unfortuantly that is exactly what happened, we all were flabbergasted when they told the CSR, "we just started eating, tell them well be out in 15 minutes!"

Yeah, right! Big BS flag on that. Even a completely pissed off FLOPS crew would not do that. Not trying to insult FO pilots, just trying to make a point.

Last edited:
Well...the first occurance the crew told me there departure time just out of general chit chat. The second occurance was actually a friend of mine that I ran into the flys there.

My point was simply that there may have been more to the story than you or I know. I don't know the details and won't speculate. Without knowing all the details, and while admitting that the way you've presented the story (and also the way your friend may have presented the story) sounds bad. With all the facts available, it may not be nearly as bad as it sounded, not to say anything about bravado that sometimes occurs in storytelling.

Having flown for three fractionals and talked to pilots from nearly every fractional about organizing, it is my experience that there are more similarities than anyone would like to admit, particularly that the pilots are committed to providing first class service to the passengers (and that there are "bad apples" in every group).

Fraternally,
Brian

That's a pretty broad and bold statement. Considering the information was made public yesterday morning, I doubt you've read all the information about all the services. Suffice to say I can say with confidence that this move makes is unique. The big question is will it make us a larger stronger player. Only time will tell.

And YOU don't know what ALL the fracs are doing either. Not everything we do is public is all I'm saying--figure it out.

I think its called the commoditization of VIP air travel. We all fly the same planes, get mx at the same service centers, get trained on the same sims, get certified by the same FAA and fly to the same airports. Your ops manual says "happy" and mine says "glad." Your tie is one shade of yellow and mine is another.

We are in a race to the bottom of the pricing barrel. I'd be real curious to see some research done on whether the fancy suits worn by some competitors generate enough product differentiation/loyalty to cover the companies cost for the suits. If you can differentiate your product, you can charge more for it. If not, you are wasting the company's money.

While I'm not really a big fan of the TSA, I think they are responsible for alot of the fractional/charter business. If I were in fractional sales, I'd pay the local TSA rep for every first class passenger that recieved the body cavity search then hand out pamplets for my fractional/charter on the way to the gate.

Anyway, I hope the business picks up soon. Watching Oprah everyday is starting to make me grumpy. Can you tell?

Latest resources

Back