• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up with American Eagle....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the ride to work yesterday, on the PA....the Cap't was saying something about improper staffing in ORD....I chuckled, guess he wasnt lying.

Curious, where are people going that are leaving? Particularly the FO's as that is who I've heard are the majority of the 35-40 a month. I assume fracs for the better pay and QOL? Hometown corporate gigs? Getting out of the buisness? Anyone know?

Mr. I.

Most of the FOs leave before they hit 2yrs seniority. I think we lose a lot of them to the Fracs for the QOL. A lot jump ship to CHQ/SKYW in hopes of faster upgrades as well. The FOs who leave after being here after 5-7yrs usually get out of the business completely because they are fed up. We don't lose many CAs to other airlines, mainly retirements. I think we have around 50-60 scheduled for 2007. We will start losing some CAs who were flowbacks from AA once the recalls start in Jan.

I spoke with a friend of mine that just got out of recurrent. According to the instructor, one of the classes this month should have had 26 show up. Only 6 did. Staffing is horrendous. Too bad we have so many people that accept the abuse. If everyone that got junior manned or extended would just fatigue, things would get fixed.

I spoke with a friend of mine that just got out of recurrent. According to the instructor, one of the classes this month should have had 26 show up. Only 6 did. Staffing is horrendous. Too bad we have so many people that accept the abuse. If everyone that got junior manned or extended would just fatigue, things would get fixed.
Nope, not true, I am down here now, our class had 8 out of nine show, and the class after had 12 out of twelve show.

Most if not all the regionals are having trouble filling classes. However, skywest seems to be having no trouble at all. Expressjet is having some but not nearly as bad as the others.

XJT isnt having trouble filling classes to my knowledge. I know alot of people waiting for calls. I dont know the make up of classes but i would be willing to bet most people show up for class here. Last i heard it was 2 classes a month at 16 a peice i think. Not sure though.

Last edited:
When did you start? The class the instructor was talking about started on the 9th or 2nd of October.
I am in the October second class, and the one after that I am talking about started two weeks after, we have another class starting today also.

Most of the FOs leave before they hit 2yrs seniority. I think we lose a lot of them to the Fracs for the QOL. A lot jump ship to CHQ/SKYW in hopes of faster upgrades as well. The FOs who leave after being here after 5-7yrs usually get out of the business completely because they are fed up. We don't lose many CAs to other airlines, mainly retirements. I think we have around 50-60 scheduled for 2007. We will start losing some CAs who were flowbacks from AA once the recalls start in Jan.

Wow Flyby, looks like you gave a somewhat realistic response rather than the canned reply of "They're getting picked up by FedEx, SWA, JetBlue, insert your choice of mainline operator here." Skywest, Chitaqua, and all of the others have attrition too, for various reasons of course.

I spoke with a friend of mine that just got out of recurrent. According to the instructor, one of the classes this month should have had 26 show up. Only 6 did. Staffing is horrendous.

If they were expecting 26 to show up, but only 6 did... does that mean on the first day of class they put on the board the 26 slots that would have been available, and let the 6 pilots have their pick?
(I'm assuming out of 26 slots, all 6 pilots would probably get their top picks).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back