• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up with American Eagle....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's put it this way (about AE being short on pilots) - the number of resignations has not decreased despite the news about the AA pilots returning to the mothership. They can't cover the flying they have right now, and it's not even the holidays yet.

When I was in the CP's office the other day turning in my two week notice, the desk was littered with returned ID's.

Let's put it this way (about AE being short on pilots) - the number of resignations has not decreased despite the news about the AA pilots returning to the mothership. They can't cover the flying they have right now, and it's not even the holidays yet.

When I was in the CP's office the other day turning in my two week notice, the desk was littered with returned ID's.
I am in a class here in Dallas that started about 5 weeks ago. And you are exactly right, they say that they are losing 35-40 guys a month. Our class only had 11 guys in it when they wanted 20, and no there were not 9 no shows, only 1 no show, the class after us had only 13, but no noshows, and they wanted 25, so the two classes that started in the month of OCT would be ten pilots short of covering the attrition rate. They have had an increase in interviewees since the AA recall notice, and the class that starts on Monday has 19 people planned to show, we will see what happens.

Ditto on your experience. It is just nice to hear from a woman from an airline that is not trying to extend me in to my days off.

I guess that the way to look at it is that this is a good sign. I would rather be stalked by airline recruting than to have no one call me back!

Most if not all the regionals are having trouble filling classes. However, skywest seems to be having no trouble at all. Expressjet is having some but not nearly as bad as the others.

I am in a class here in Dallas that started about 5 weeks ago. And you are exactly right, they say that they are losing 35-40 guys a month. Our class only had 11 guys in it when they wanted 20, and no there were not 9 no shows, only 1 no show, the class after us had only 13, but no noshows, and they wanted 25, so the two classes that started in the month of OCT would be ten pilots short of covering the attrition rate. They have had an increase in interviewees since the AA recall notice, and the class that starts on Monday has 19 people planned to show, we will see what happens.

What's with that avatar?

-Blucher:confused:

Curious, where are people going that are leaving? Particularly the FO's as that is who I've heard are the majority of the 35-40 a month. I assume fracs for the better pay and QOL? Hometown corporate gigs? Getting out of the buisness? Anyone know?

Mr. I.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back