• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the true definition??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why not look it up in part 121? I would look it up for you,but my copy is 900 miles away.

Spinplate said:
Of Flag, Domestic, and Supplemental????

Check out FAR 119.3. That will give you all of those!

Spinplate said:
Whats the true definition??
Of Flag, Domestic, and Supplemental????

FAR Part 119 Sec. 119.3 effective as of 07/10/2003

Flag operation means any scheduled operation conducted by any person operating any airplane described in paragraph (1) of this definition at the locations described in paragraph (2) of this definition:
(1) Airplanes:
(i) Turbojet-powered airplanes;
(ii) Airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of more than 9 passenger seats, excluding each crewmember seat; or
(iii) Airplanes having a payload capacity of more than 7,500 pounds.
(2) Locations:
(i) Between any point within the State of Alaska or the State of Hawaii or any territory or possession of the United States and any point outside the State of Alaska or the State of Hawaii or any territory or possession of the United States, respectively; or
(ii) Between any point within the 48 contiguous States of the United States or the District of Columbia and any point outside the 48 contiguous States of the United States and the District of Columbia.
(iii) Between any point outside the U.S. and another point outside the U.S.

Domestic operation means any scheduled operation conducted by any person operating any airplane described in paragraph (1) of this definition at locations described in paragraph (2) of this definition:
(1) Airplanes:
(i) Turbojet-powered airplanes;
(ii) Airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of more than 9 passenger seats, excluding each crewmember seat; or
(iii) Airplanes having a payload capacity of more than 7,500 pounds.
(2) Locations:
(i) Between any points within the 48 contiguous States of the United States or the District of Columbia; or
(ii) Operations solely within the 48 contiguous States of the United States or the District of Columbia; or
(iii) Operations entirely within any State, territory, or possession of the United States; or
(iv) When specifically authorized by the Administrator, operations between any point within the 48 contiguous States of the United States or the District of Columbia and any specifically authorized point located outside the 48 contiguous States of the United States or the District of Columbia.

Supplemental operation means any common carriage operation for compensation or hire conducted with any airplane described in paragraph (1) of this definition that is a type of operation described in paragraph (2) of this definition:
(1) Airplanes:
(i) Airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of more than 30 seats, excluding each crewmember seat;
(ii) Airplanes having a payload capacity of more than 7,500 pounds; or
(iii) Each propeller-powered airplane having a passenger-seat configuration of more than 9 seats and less than 31 seats, excluding each crewmember seat, that is also used in domestic or flag operations and that is so listed in the operations specifications as required by Sec. 119.49(a)(4) for those operations; or
(iv) Each turbojet powered airplane having a passenger seat configuration of 1 or more and less than 31 seats, excluding each crewmember seat, that is also used in domestic or flag operations and that is so listed in the operations specifications as required by Sec. 119.49(a)(4) for those operations.
(2) Types of operation:
(i) Operations for which the departure time, departure location, and arrival location are specifically negotiated with the customer or the customer's representative;
(ii) All-cargo operations; or
(iii) Passenger-carrying public charter operations conducted under part 380 of this title.

CUEBOAT said:
why not look it up in part 121? I would look it up for you,but my copy is 900 miles away.

Spinplate said:
i need 121 regs myself..... ATP written doesnt say crap either

They're all online, folks. If you have access to Flightinfo, you have access to the FARs, straight from the FAA's website.

Federal Aviation Regulations

If you lose the link, Google "FARs" and choose the fourth link.

:)

TonyC said:
Why does it make no sense, Doc?

I thought it was one combined sentence and not individual definitions, it makes sense now due primarily to your superior English dialect and interpretation.:D

Besides, these are terms not commonly used to us common folks.

:confused:

Latest resources

Back