• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the Pay like at SATSAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I read the salery schedule somewhere, but now I can't find it. I thought it might be on the website, but it's not there that I can find it. It was in the neighborhood of 25K to start.

Here it is:

http://captprogram.org/jobs/jobsdetail.cfm?ListingID=1

The salary is based on the standard 4 day on / 3 day off schedule. The 5th day would be paid as a daily rate in addition to the base salary i.e. 2 days of additional pay within a biweekly pay period.

The Pilot annual base pay scale is: Day 1 thru 6 months: $27,000; 6months thru 12 months: $33,000; 12months thru 24 months: $ 36,000; 24 months thru 36 months: $40,000; 36 months thru 48 months; $42,500; 48months thru 60 months: $45,000; after 60 months: annual cost of living increase. In addition SATSair my apply COLAs to help offset the increased expenses for pilots based in areas more expensive than Greenville, SC. SATSair, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.

After you have done the SEARCH,read ALL the posts,take a week or two and decide if this is what you want!!!!!!

What exactly do you want? An unlimited supply of free koolaid?

Pilot lifestyle is decent for a 135 operation. Days off are golden, pilot go/no go decisions are respected, and the CP will bend over backwards to help pilots out. Flying varies from week to week, but most pilot see a mix of 4-day trips and out and backs.

You will not get much idea of your flying schedule until the day before, but schedules are bid on like the airline system so you will know your days off for the whole month in advance, and while you can offer to fly on your days off you will rarely be asked to. If you are asked and dont want to all you have to say is 'no thanks' and it ends there.

The company tries very hard to limit duty days to 12 hours, though this has been harder lately. Hopefully with a new pilot class soon this will ease somewhat. there have been some posts here about lack of known ice capability, but that wasnt too much of an issue this winter. On days/flights when icing was an issue the passengers were told we couldnt go and that was the end of it. As a pilot you will never be asked to go once you make the call that you cant. You may be asked to wait the weather out or look at other routing options etc., but if you say 'no' it is respected.

Pay scale above is accurate to my knowledge. So far there is no 401k, but insurance is OK. If you are comfortable with single-pilot, single-engine IFR in a well equipped aircraft then you might find it a good place to be, but it's not for everyone.

Brett on here can give a good idea of a line-pilot's life at SATSair. He's a good guy who will answer questions for a Diet Cherry Coke.

As for G-Force's advice to do a search on here-well that's probably his first good advice.

After the SEARCH

Any SATSAIR information would be great.

Keep in mind that this a SE-piston job.If you want to fly turbine equippment,quite a few employers do not think this type of experience is worthwhile since it will not be beneficial in securing employment in the future,in fact it mey hinder a pilots attempts in securing better employment later.

Last edited:
What do people think about the Avidyne Entegra setup? I have some time in an old SR-20 but I have heard good things about the capabilities of the Entegra. Any impressions?

Latest resources

Back