Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the longest flight/trip you've made in a light airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that long, but San Antonio, Texas to Santa Rosa, CA via Palm Springs in a beaten-up Cherokee 140 against strong headwinds in midsummer over the desert w/ a groundspeed averaging 80-90 knots. 20:25 one-way plus a few stops for fuel and narcoleptic fits. The pay was good, though.

Lake City, FL to Boeing Field in Seattle, WA...in a Cessna 150 Aerobat...yikes...there were trucks passing us on the freeway not far below us!

Van Nuys- OPF

I brought a 172 from Van nuys to Opa Locka back many moons ago. 24 Hours flying. Stopped in Phoenix, El Paso, Fort Stockton (sp), Austin, Outside New Orleans, Cross City, Opa Locka. Longest 3 days of my life...

Keep in mind, there are some ferry pilots of small singles, who have been in the air 24 hours or more nonstop on pacific flights.

The longest I have done in a single is Atlanta, GA to Oakdale, CA (Near Stockton) in a Cessna 150.
The longest day was a couple of years ago from Pecos, TX to Livermore, CA in a Steen Skybolt. That was about 16 hours in the air in an airplane that wouldn't fly handsoff for more than about 5 seconds. That sucked.

Not as interesting as some ferry flight across an ocean, but fun none the less. MYF-JFK-MYF in a Duchess. Fuel stops in ABQ, APA, MCI, CVG, JFK, TRI, LIT, DFW, ELP, PHX. Around 40 hours of flying if I remember correctly.

I once shot multiple jobs that took us from Tuscaloosa, AL to Jackson, MS, Memphis, Paducah, KY, and Louisville, KY without stopping in our 210. 7.9 tach hours non-stop, all I can say is thank goodness for an autopilot and a shadin.

I think that a RTW (round the world) flight would be an awesome experience. But you've got to be able to rig the plane to handle enough fuel for a 2,400 mile leg.

777-2H4 said:
I think that a RTW (round the world) flight would be an awesome experience. But you've got to be able to rig the plane to handle enough fuel for a 2,400 mile leg.

That would be fun. My old flight instructor (who now owns a MiG-21...still haven't received my promised flight in it yet), has flown around the world a few times. Twice in a C-182 and once in a King Air 90...just for the heck of it.

Anyone read Air Vagabonds by Anthony Vallone?

Latest resources

Back