• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats The Latest On Focus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, that's cold hearted..............................but funny!

Seriously though, any of you Focus boys care to tell us what's going on over there, I hear the rumours and it not pretty!

FR8, I couldn't think of anything else to post after reading TheDude's post/question ;)

You are correct, many rumors out there. For starters we're still here and the paychecks have all come in on time. Also, someone posted earlier that we were staffed for 10 airplanes, we were really staffed for 5 and the 5th airplane never came.

Furloughed FEs: Unfortunately true, 10-11 were furloughed (with a few more on military leave and one on personal leave before the furloughs took place). Hope to see them back at the end of the month. ("I miss ya guys")

Change of management: very true and that was waaaaaaaay overdue. Ex CEO, COO, Head of marketing, DO and a few others that these guys had brought on board with them were all politely and rightfully asked to go play somewhere else. New management team is now in place.

Potential buyers or new investors: the company was approached on several occasions and something might be in the works but can’t really tell you more cause I really don’t know.

FR8, I’ll gladly comment on the “not pretty” rumors you’ve heard "if" I can, but you’ll have to be a little more precise since I don’t know what you’ve heard.

Cheerios

FR8, I couldn't think of anything else to post after reading TheDude's post/question ;)

You are correct, many rumors out there. For starters we're still here and the paychecks have all come in on time. Also, someone posted earlier that we were staffed for 10 airplanes, we were really staffed for 5 and the 5th airplane never came.

Furloughed FEs: Unfortunately true, 10-11 were furloughed (with a few more on military leave and one on personal leave before the furloughs took place). Hope to see them back at the end of the month. ("I miss ya guys")

Change of management: very true and that was waaaaaaaay overdue. Ex CEO, COO, Head of marketing, DO and a few others that these guys had brought on board with them were all politely and rightfully asked to go play somewhere else. New management team is now in place.

Potential buyers or new investors: the company was approached on several occasions and something might be in the works but can’t really tell you more cause I really don’t know.

FR8, I’ll gladly comment on the “not pretty” rumors you’ve heard "if" I can, but you’ll have to be a little more precise since I don’t know what you’ve heard.

Cheerios

Heilhaavir,

Thanks for the candid reply, and hope the best for you and all the other crewmembers at Focus. I just got in from AMS, and noticed that one of your planes is still sitting outside the hangar, is this the one that's been waiting for that engine change all this time???

Heilhaavir,

Thanks for the candid reply, and hope the best for you and all the other crewmembers at Focus. I just got in from AMS, and noticed that one of your planes is still sitting outside the hangar, is this the one that's been waiting for that engine change all this time???

The one that made it back on APU only?? :laugh: Unfortunately yes. I think it should finally be moving in a couple weeks :beer:

Thks for the good words BTW!

Last edited:
I think you're confused with Tradewinds on that one, he never came to Focus, while I would have welcomed him here. He was well respected at PO.

Thanks for the correction.

While he might have been respected at Polar, we definitely didn't care for him, to the point that when we came out of BK, and new owners met with the unions, ALPA had a list of grievances about R.W. to the point that he got canned along with the scab Sr VP of Ops (L.S.) who brought him aboard.

Since he's been at TDX, about half of the captains have voted with their feet and resigned.

Guys, what can I tell you? At PO we were sorry he left. I guess people change, or maybe today he's just doing what the "higher ups" tell him to. After all, they sign his paycheck don't they? I'm really sorry to hear that he's changed.

Draginass where & when have these captains that voted with their feet gone?

Guys, what can I tell you? At PO we were sorry he left. I guess people change, or maybe today he's just doing what the "higher ups" tell him to. After all, they sign his paycheck don't they? I'm really sorry to hear that he's changed.

Draginass where & when have these captains that voted with their feet gone?

Several without other jobs to go to, others to LCC pax operators (basically lateral moves with regards to pay), etc. FOs resignees have gone overseas and domestic LLC operators. All good guys with more good guys likely leaving in the near future.

Latest resources

Back