Whats The Latest On Focus?

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
They're furloughing, parking an airplane, and putting the company up for sale, as rumor has it.

B747FR8DAWG

GIANT 747
Total Time
> 1
I was in AMS a little over a week ago, and saw one of their planes parked by the hangars, it was in the same spot a few days later when i came back to AMS, looked like it never moved/

Classicdriver

Total Time
5000+
I was in AMS a little over a week ago, and saw one of their planes parked by the hangars, it was in the same spot a few days later when i came back to AMS, looked like it never moved/
That one is waiting for an engine. RR is way behind and they on low on the list. I think it trashed two motors and they only had one spare. The last I heard, they were talking more than a month before they can get it rebuilt.

Steve

Curtis Malone
Total Time
That one is waiting for an engine. RR is way behind and they on low on the list. I think it trashed two motors and they only had one spare. The last I heard, they were talking more than a month before they can get it rebuilt.
2 blown engines? there has got to be a story behind that

Hocus Focus

Total Time
many
airplane is awaiting an engine build on RR, shortage on D4's out there. Not 2 blown. Don't count us out just yet boys!! 14 FE's on furlough till jet comes back up from MX.

Classicdriver

Total Time
5000+
airplane is awaiting an engine build on RR, shortage on D4's out there. Not 2 blown. Don't count us out just yet boys!! 14 FE's on furlough till jet comes back up from MX.
14 FE's for one plane. Is it just me or is that a lot of FE's for only one plane, no pilots let go? Furloughing guys for Mx on a plane, not a very good precident?

Hocus Focus

Total Time
many
read into it as you may. Focus has always been heavy on FE's, now the list are even. The airline was logistically staffed for 10 jets as that was the target for the first two years, as we did not meet that target for varying reasons some FE's, MX, LM, and office staff were kept in an overage, but with a jet down economically u have to get it back into to line and not have a heavy heart about furloughing.

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
So, did Focus really blow 3 engines when trying to 3 engine ferry outta BOG or MDE or Quito?

One Dot Low

Total Time
Heard that the RR 74 sucked in a few birds out of BKK and RR is back logged on repairs and Qantas wants their leased motor (another RR) back. So that's two out of four on the wings for the Focus RR bird.

Also that there are not very many D4s left, four or seven the last I heard.

Shoulda gone with Pratts, dime a dozen...

Classicdriver

Total Time
5000+
Latest rumor is Southern is looking to pick up the Focus -300 (354). Focus has one STILL parked at AMS with two engines missing. Not sounding very good for planes with a great paint scheme.

ironspud

Total Time
>20000
Latest rumor is Southern is looking to pick up the Focus -300 (354). Focus has one STILL parked at AMS with two engines missing. Not sounding very good for planes with a great paint scheme.
Unless it has GE's, it's not happening.

Classicdriver

Total Time
5000+
So what's the latest guys? You getting more than one plane working? Any RR motors arrive? Some were holding their breath's to see if they got by the 1st of June?

B747FR8DAWG

GIANT 747
Total Time
> 1
Absolutely! They made it to MIA just on the APU :nuts:
Dude, that's cold hearted..............................but funny!

Seriously though, any of you Focus boys care to tell us what's going on over there, I hear the rumours and it not pretty!