Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
banger said:
Aero
Thanks for that link. That was a very good interview with David I hadn't seen before.

No problem, buy the May issue if you want the article, it's their 2nd write up in that magazine...

Another reason maybe this. I know JetBlue has a very Southwesty management style. According to the book "Nuts" which is an outline of Southwests management style, Other airlines are preoccupied with its market value....profitablility is secondary. At Southwest, profitablility is key and the stock price is secondary.....I would assume that its the same way at JetBlue.

At my mainline partner, I have watched them, over the last few years take away EVERY perk that made them great in the late 90's....why because they are worried about their stinkin stock price instead of being the best. Profitablilty isnt as important as having a plan to sell to wall street......Which sounds cute but it really isnt! Why are they so worried about market value? Because they all own 300 million in shares! They make money when the value of the airline goes up, not when the company makes money! Hell, they make the same amount whether the airline makes money or not. Its the good ol boys club gone wrong, these guys arent interested in running an airline, they are interested in gettting their part then getting out. They don't want to leave a legacy behind, they don't want to change things for the better and they don't want to be innovative. They aren't running an airline, they are mining for gold.

Worry about making money and the market value will follow.

hopeful said:
I just feel like the JB guys are so busy blowing their own horns, they forgot to pay attention to the fact that they are not exactly burning up the skys with their performance.

I'm sure you mean performance on the stock market. But take a look at performance in terms of DOT numbers (which, by the way they aren't required to participate in). That performance is quite admirable - especially when you consider that they are based in JFK. They are consistently in the top 5 for all the stats. History has proven that if you have that kind of performance your Wall St. performance will follow (ala SWA).

Mr Hat said:
At my mainline partner, I have watched them, over the last few years take away EVERY perk that made them great in the late 90's....why because they are worried about their stinkin stock price instead of being the best. Profitablilty isnt as important as having a plan to sell to wall street......Which sounds cute but it really isnt! Why are they so worried about market value? Because they all own 300 million in shares! They make money when the value of the airline goes up, not when the company makes money! Hell, they make the same amount whether the airline makes money or not. Its the good ol boys club gone wrong, these guys arent interested in running an airline, they are interested in gettting their part then getting out. They don't want to leave a legacy behind, they don't want to change things for the better and they don't want to be innovative. They aren't running an airline, they are mining for gold.

Worry about making money and the market value will follow.

One of the most knowledgable posts I've ever read!

....to Mr. Hat

Awright.......

So I'm no Mr. Sunshine, anyone on here can tell you that,
but that being said, Mr. Hat- Your post is dead on-
Well Said. You get the FF,

"Right on Bruddah!"

-FF

Last edited:
What I do not get, is the glee some people display, whenever jetBlue, as a stock, takes a hit. I must admit, I have had a few "adult frosted beverages", but sometimes it strikes me, as some people are just hoping jetBlue will fail. For the life of me, I cannot figure why. Here we have a company, who truly tries to do the right thing, whether it be to their customers or to the employees.

Yes, the golden age of aviation is over. Lord how I wish, we could all work for the original PAA or Eastern, but such is not the case and never will be again, but some people seem to believe, were it not for the "evil Koolaid drinkers" at jetBlue that those days would return. Like it or not, this is a different game in a different economy.

Do not get me wrong, I wish we could all get the pay of DAL and the contract of AA, but economically, it is not sustainable. Sure, let us raise the prices, but that would lead to fewer people flying, less profits and more layoffs.

Having said that, while I wish to be paid a million a year and only work on wednesday, I feel I am compensated reasonably, that I partake in the profit of the company and that they give a darn about what I think.

When I go to work, I am happy. I try my hardest to give the customer good service and it seems to work. Yes, I drink the Koolaid, because I have no reason not to. The promises that were made have been kept.

No, jetBlue is not perfect, no company ever will be, but the powers that be try and that is something I cannot put a price tag on.

Everytime I read one of your most eloquent posts, all I can think is, "Wow! Check out that cleavage!"

. . . what were talking about?

Sorry, been having something a little stronger than "frosted adult beverage."

I have no problem with JetBlue other than all of the new hires who walk with their nose up in the air at the training facility like they are better than everyone else. Hopefully they get put in their place on line.

Latest resources

Back