Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was a passenger on a flight from White Plains to Chicago when a I heard the girl across from me (about 18-20 years old) ask her dad which ocean was out her window. When she asked this, we were on descent into ORD at around 15,000 feet. Her dad then replied that it was the Atlantic Ocean in all seriousness. And of course she believed him.

I was deadheading in uniform in a 1900 from Albany to Boston. A elderly lady was sitting beside me. The Capt started #2 and a minute or so later she leaned over to me and said," Boy this thing is loud, when is it going to get quieter?" The door was still open at the time so I think she was referring to when the FO was going to close the Cabin Door but I just couldn't resist. I leaned over and answered her, "Hopefully when we get to Boston."

When can you start?

Oh wait, that wasn't the dumbest question, it was me who replied with the dumbest answer...

...two weeks.:crying:

Sorry, venting.

Drew, you are cracking me up! Thanks!:beer:

I get good questions asked even as a CFI. My favorite:

Person: "How many hours do you have?"
Me: "Oh, about 500 or thereabouts."
Person: "So...what do you need so that you can be a commercial pilot?"
Me: "Well, usually I need the little plastic card in my wallet is all."

While waiting on a late inbound: "Is the airplane coming in from someplace else?"

If I were quick witted the response would have been to the effect - "Nope, they are just bolting the wings on over at the factory on the other side of the airport. They are running a bit behind today so we are just going to have to trust they got all the screws tight."

I just got off work and I was comming home from my tour at a fractional. A Mesa flight attendant asked me if I was looking for a job and she told me that if I was lucky I could get hired and fly one of their big CRJ's...

I just got off work and I was comming home from my tour at a fractional. A Mesa flight attendant asked me if I was looking for a job and she told me that if I was lucky I could get hired and fly one of their big CRJ's...

Oh man, how did you keep from laughing in her face?

"Oh! You're a pilot? Do you know bob Jensen? He's a pilot."

Yes! I know all 200,000 + FAA certified pilots! Dumb ASS!!

Latest resources

Back