Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you know your route?

I told someone at dinner I was starting at TSA next month. 'Cool, do you know your route yet?' ROUTE. Like I'm a paperboy or milkman. It really hurt my feelings.

I mean, those guys make *WAY* more money to start than I will.

(See, that's comedy, you go the other way.)

True story:

Going through a conformity check to put a King Air on the certificate. The FAA's genius avionics inspector cralls up to the right seat and asks me "So, which one is the sensitive altimeter?"

The thing was all steam gauges. Took at least 5 minutes to explain about the "HIS thingy" (HSI)
He had his checklist, and needed to fill in all the boxes. I just took the sheet from him and sent him to get more popcorn from the machine.

Didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about the quality of hires.

Hung

The dumbest question hmmmmm

Do I believe everything I read on Flight info?

I still get a kick out of everybody reaching up to their airvents and twisting on them like it was a prostitutes nipple looking for some kind of airflow when the crew turns the packs off before engine start.

I still get a kick out of everybody reaching up to their airvents and twisting on them like it was a prostitutes nipple looking for some kind of airflow when the crew turns the packs off before engine start.

That one is my absolute favorite. The funniest one I had was a pax at the gate in JAX that looked out and exclaimed..."That's a ratty old plane!!" It was one of our newest XRs. Then he looked at me. Seriously don't know what I could do about it. He sat behind me on the commute and told me when we got to IAH that it was a very nice flight and he was pleasently surprised.

There is an easy way to avoid all this stupidity... pop in your trendy white earbuds and crank up the iPOD...yeah baby. I'd frost my hair too, but I'm afraid I'd get harassed by the wrong flight attendants.

FYI... no iPOD here.

GIVE IN!!!! You know you want one!

They now play videos....so you can watch pr0n all day long! ;)

I'm sitting in the cockpit at IAD getting all the info when this lady walks up to the cockpit and says "just to let you know, that mechanic down there just took a tire from the plane over there and put it on your plane". She was obviosly nuts. I said "I know, and next he is going to fill our landing light fluid and we'll be on our way".

A PAX came in to the cockpit at IND and asked "Can you tell me if the parking garage will take my American Express?" Non reving out to CA in uniform to see family on red eye, when I woke up in the middle of the night the first thing the person said to me was, Where are we right now?

Latest resources

Back