Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the Air Equivalent of a Corvette?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy Neill said:
Thanks for all the good responses. Back in the early 80's, I wrote three episode summaries for a new TV show called "Victor-6" and sent it absolutely nowhere. I believe at the time, I had the guys in a twin Bonanza. I liked V-6 because it had about the span of US-66 and sounded enough like it to evoke the nostalgia.

T-Bone? I love those, really wanna have one. They got the right look with that straight tail, bulky fuselage and those GO-480s make everyone turn their heads!

They even have a site, but it hasn't seen any updates in the last 3 years or so... :(
http://www.twinbonanza.com/

aero99 said:
Corvettes are for girls

As a girl, I take exception to that! We girls always said vettes were for guys with a short man complex.

Got to be the worst excuse around for a sports car.

I thought we were doing realistic comparisons to vettes. You know, cheap, the ability to actually own one (leaves out all those jets and P51s), etc..

If you want handling and looks second to none that you can actually get even cheaper than a new vette these days without the maintenance and with killer reliability (something no vette has proven yet), get an NSX.

Out handle and outlast most anything on the road at a fraction of the price of comparable performance.

Vette

Hey Starchkr-
That's big talk for an individual hauling old checks. And speaking of checks, I believe the Vette payment is a little more than your take home.
G-V is where it's at, one of the finest in the world.:D

For my $.02, i would have to say the Falcon 10 bizjet. Every time I pass by one on the ramp I have to stop and stare at it. I just looks like SPEED!

How bout the old Corvette corporate aircraft, they kind of look like a Lear 23.

The F-16 would have to be more like a ferarri. Sexy as hell, but breaks everytime you start it. I believe a very high up Microsoft guy bought a brand new 2 seat F-16 from Lockheed a year or two ago, unarmed of course.

The essence of a corvette is very good performance at a good price and who cares if the plastic warps and the dash cracks a few years down the road. The last corvette I had was an 89 Z-51 and it would pull 0.9 Gs on the skidpad and run through the cones right with the huge dollar european cars. in other words it handled just fine. The equililent to this has to be the cheap jets. Like the fouga, less than $100K and it will do 400 KIAS level down low and it's easy to fly as long as you can forget that your burning 150 to 300 gph. Others I'm thinking of are the Iskra, L-29, or maybe a mig-15 if your feeling lucky.

Scott

Sstearns2, I wish I was as lucky as you to have good luck with a Vette. Mine was ten years older than yours. Mine was a 1979. Lets see, in two years I replaced the rear end differential, spun a main bearing in the motor, replaced a front break caliber, I had to carry two towels in the back to place on our laps when it rained as the "T-tops" leaked like a garden hose and last but not least the misterious electrical leak that would drain my battery every two days which I finally fixed with a nascar battery quick disconect switch I had to flip every time I parked for the night. The only bonus on the battery disconect was it was a good anti-theft device although I would have been thrilled should some poor thief taken it off my hands. No offence you Vette drivers but I think they are the biggest pile of @#$! ever made. Sorry for my rant as you can see I am crabby and will be quiet now.

KlingonLRDRVR

I didn't say I had a good experience with my corvette.... Alternator, water pump, mystery electical problems, etc.... I want an NSX. Someday.

Scott

Latest resources

Back