Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the Air Equivalent of a Corvette?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Corvettes

Hey I've got a C5 (current generation) 6 speed Corvette and have never had one problem with it. Yes, the older vettes eg, C3 and C4s did have problems as most domestic cars of that era did. Those that say they ride like crap and such are crazy. Also, I've got a buddy that's got a Porsche. Talk about problems, every time he takes it in it's around a grand to fix. I love my Corvette, it's fast, handles very well, reliable, American built and gets great mileage with the 6 speed.

PS: I'm don't suffer from short man's syndrom. I believe they now drive those huge SUVs;)

man, whats with the anti-vette sentiment going on in here???

first of all, you dont buy a vette for its plush handling...you want that, go get a caddy.

second of all, the reason they ride rough is their cornering ability. some of y'all ever ride in a fox body Mustang? once again...loves corners but itll rattle teeth also.

and the whole small appendage thing cracks me up. sounds like sour grapes to me...if you cant afford one, then everyone that has one must have an inconsistency somewhere, right??? ...whatever :rolleyes:

as a final note, im a Ford guy and dont own one. never have, and probably never will...for the money, id rather build an AC Cobra replica, throw in a fuel injected 427 small block, and stomp all the vette freaks in the tri-state area ;)

Wingnutt,

I made the "short man's complex" remark (which IS what we used to say, sorry), and for the record, I'm female, so "short appendages" hardly apply! I did, however, date a guy in college who drove a vette, and "short man's complex" definitely applied to him....he was 5'8" :D.

Cars in my history include a Porsche 356 and a 911. Current car is a Mercedes ML55. Regards the 55, it's the "fastest SUV in the world", so among notoriously slow cars it rocks! Actually, with a V8 engine and sedan chassis, it's pretty zippy, and I will also say it is by far, b-y f-a-r, the worst car I've ever owned. I'm currently attempting to return it under the Lemon Laws of our state. My first and last foray into SUV world.

And, as an aside, nice to see someone else who recognizes that clowns really are evil little bas%$##s. I used to think I was alone in that opinion, but I've since come to realize there are lots of us out there. I believe "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" is probably based on a true story!

Wingnutt

My old neighbour build's the AC Cobra replicas. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** they are nice for replicas.

Give me a PM if you want to get ahold of him.

cheers.

My father turns 50 in October, and his all time favorite car is the 427 Cobra. I'm renting him a replica for his birthday. He'll get to have it all day. I think he'll go ape when he sees it on his driveway that morning. Of course I'll already be smiling from getting to drive it to his house! :D

What an awesome car.

The replica cobra's are very sweet.

Two guys in my neighborhood each have one. One day I'm gonna talk one of them into a ride.

Also have neighbors that have an NSX, Boss 302, Viper (olderone) and there are about 3-4 completely restored hot rods here and there.

Funny thing is, all these owners are pilots but one!

I currently have a early model Willis Jeep (and it's for sale:) )completely restored with all orignal military stuff (siren, cat eyes, shovels) to boot in my garage. All the hot rodders want to ride in the Jeep....grass is always greener.

Ok, here are a couple of odd balls which fit into the sports car catagory. Piper 1040-T2 and Cessna 406.

OtterFO said:
Ok, here are a couple of odd balls which fit into the sports car catagory. Piper 1040-T2 and Cessna 406.

406 is a Caravan II, right? which is not at all like a Caravan!

I saw yesterday up close a Conquest I, I never thought much of 402's till I saw PT-6s on them! Very neat plane.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back