• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats next for ASA????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I can say is that many ASA pilots have too much negative energy.

If we took half of that negative energy and harnessed into something positive, we would be half way from were we aren't, or half way from where we are.

Or if we took half of what we expect and give it back, we would be half way further to where we should be or where we aren't.

Or then again if we took half of what everyone else has that we think we want we would be half way from not having to bitch that the grass is greener on the otherside. The problem is for every thing that is better somewhere else something is worse. You cannot take a snapshot and expect the best of every one elses contract. Or take the snapshot of every pilots wish list of a contract and roll it into one. There are no Heidi Klum contracts out there any more. And to expect that at a puddle jumping regional airline, is blindly ignorant. Plus the RJDC is basically history and worthless to every regional airline pilot. I feel it (regionals vs ALPA) is like the boyscouts complaining that they can't join the legion hall. You are in the boyscouts boys, drinking age is 21 when you get here, then you can take a seat shut up and don't get in our way. So are many of the perks of working at the airlines.

No one has is so much better then any one else, so the stone throwing just makes us look like idiots. I do not care who votes for a strike or not. I want to move on like many other pilots. I am not going to throw rocks at the majors, when I am trying to get there. Keep ASA a puppy mill and accept it. ASA is a puppy mill. You know the ones with kennel cough and fleas.

Now there is humor in this and if this gets your panties in a bunch, laugh first then get mad at me.

Wow this is really a heated debate, but the truth of the matter is that we are losing this battle to managment. No matter what our opinions are, managment see us vunerable and we must stop them. We must remember that is not the decision of any pilot group that decides which aircraft to operate, its entirely up to those who gets the BIG bonuses at the GO office. Like it or not that is truth and we have to realize that. There is no winning solution but to stand up to managment and tell them we are the ones who fly the passengers from point A to point B. All they do is figure out ways to cut every penny out of you and take it as their cash bonuses.

Cpt74, you are correct to a point. The truth of the matter is that, even though DL sold us, DL still has ASA by the balls. They own all the seats and tell us when and where to fly every month. If we don't meet there req. for performance and cost, they will get rid of us and find somebody else who will. We are nothing more than a vendor providing a service. Since our only feed is DL, we don't have a whole lot of options. Once OH is sold, they will be reduced to a pure vendor as well.
This is why the CR7 CR9 and CR2 rates will all need to be adjusted to present day industry standard. Retro pay would be nice, but is nothing more than a pipe dream. We need to focus on scope QOL and merger protection now and hope for better compensation we the industry will support it.

Fly Safe...

so now we get parked. alpa admits in that last week the company moved, their proposed 700 cut is now about 3, instead of 8 percent and only for the top few. not great, but much more realistic and movement. but no - alpa still is asking for a 10 percent raise, a full retirement and no change whatsoever to ip pay.

great - my guess at the future. ja moves all 700s to sw. we have the best 700 rate in the industry, but no airplanes. great job guys - you are standing your ground for us - and proving nothing.

crjskipper said:
so now we get parked. alpa admits in that last week the company moved, their proposed 700 cut is now about 3, instead of 8 percent and only for the top few. not great, but much more realistic and movement. but no - alpa still is asking for a 10 percent raise, a full retirement and no change whatsoever to ip pay.

great - my guess at the future. ja moves all 700s to sw. we have the best 700 rate in the industry, but no airplanes. great job guys - you are standing your ground for us - and proving nothing.

What would you like to see "skipper"?

Pogue Mahone said:
What would you like to see "skipper"?

I'd like to see the regions as just a stepping stone instead of a place that guys get old and crusty at and then make it tougher for others to move up and on.

Hell it looks to me that a contract with Skywest work rules would be okay. Don't hear those guys hollering much.

crjskipper said:

Sure, the company moved... for the captains. The paycut on the 70 actually INCREASED from 8 to 13% for FOs. If you do the math that puts 70 FOs paid less than 50 FOs. Makes perfect sense, right?

sweptback said:
If you do the math that puts 70 FOs paid less than 50 FOs. Makes perfect sense, right?

I swear, the audacity of management boils my blood. I can only pray for the survival of the company that they are not seriously considering paying 70 drivers less than 50 drivers. They sure are doing one hell of a job stalling with a contract and raking in the $$$$$$$$ for the present time. Sons-a-bitzzzzs. On top of that, the LOA with SKYW and our scope need to be realized , and trip/duty rigs as well. Otherwise they can shove their contract in the unholiest of places. This sure is getting fugly.:angryfire

crjskipper said:

Don't worry crjskipper, ALPA will take care of everything. Just keep sending that $ to Herndon - Duane needs new shoes.

Latest resources

Back