What's new at ATA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

Anything new going on there? Things just status quo? Haven't heard a bit of information how things are with the SWA code-share, or if flying is scheduled to increase or decrease.

The Company and the Negotiators walked away from Concession talks late last week.

The Company is asking for the 4th. round of Concessions from the pilots to the tune of approx. $40m. but is unwilling to itemize and/or justify how those concessions will apply in our current situation.

The Company has been unwilling to waver off their demands (in other words, negotiate) since beginning talks....just a 'take it or leave it' approach.

Our contract is scheduled to "snap-back' to original 2005 book rates soon and the company is unable to pay those salary costs and keep the doors open.

The company is preparing to fille a 1113(c) motion with the BK Judge this week in the hopes of gaining long-term relief.

The pilots are beginning "Self-Help" preperations (Strike).

Here's a link to a new bag-tag one of our pilot's designed:

http://www.patmahoney.com/con2005.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, can't say how the bottom line is over at ATA but some friends of mine are getting layed off around the first week of September. Apparently ATA is shutting down their IND mx hangar and approx 260 mechs will be looking for work while the company outsources the rest of it's heavy mx.

FlyChicaga said:
Anything new going on there? Things just status quo? Haven't heard a bit of information how things are with the SWA code-share, or if flying is scheduled to increase or decrease.

I hear we may really be looking at the possiblity of purchasing all of ATA's assets through the BK court if they fail to get concessions.Hopefully we will hire all of the personel too.

one of my favorite sayings lately:

ATA BOD: Here today, gone to Maui!

in other news:

everytime I hear about more concessions (have friends that work there), it makes my blood BOIL! why? because ATA (aka Southwest), constantly advertises on Chicago media.

Here's what they pay to advertise:

florida, only $79 one way, on sale!

fares as low as $59!

yes! that's right folks! we don't make any money flying at these fares but you can have them!

We here at ATA (aka southwest) does:

ask for labor concessions. And it's all labor's fault. that's right, ATA (aka Southwest) isn't making any money because it's labor's fault.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I'm glad that kind of stuff isn't going on at Southwest....yet.

Latest resources

Back