• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

What's new at ATA?

FlyChicaga

Total Time
Anything new going on there? Things just status quo? Haven't heard a bit of information how things are with the SWA code-share, or if flying is scheduled to increase or decrease.

ATA73Pilot

Total Time
19 Yrs
The Company and the Negotiators walked away from Concession talks late last week.

The Company is asking for the 4th. round of Concessions from the pilots to the tune of approx. $40m. but is unwilling to itemize and/or justify how those concessions will apply in our current situation.

The Company has been unwilling to waver off their demands (in other words, negotiate) since beginning talks....just a 'take it or leave it' approach.

Our contract is scheduled to "snap-back' to original 2005 book rates soon and the company is unable to pay those salary costs and keep the doors open.

The company is preparing to fille a 1113(c) motion with the BK Judge this week in the hopes of gaining long-term relief.

The pilots are beginning "Self-Help" preperations (Strike).

Here's a link to a new bag-tag one of our pilot's designed:

http://www.patmahoney.com/con2005.jpg

Last edited:

Cactus-Wrench

Now LUV-Wrench :)
Total Time
Hi, can't say how the bottom line is over at ATA but some friends of mine are getting layed off around the first week of September. Apparently ATA is shutting down their IND mx hangar and approx 260 mechs will be looking for work while the company outsources the rest of it's heavy mx.

FlyChicaga said:
Anything new going on there? Things just status quo? Haven't heard a bit of information how things are with the SWA code-share, or if flying is scheduled to increase or decrease.

roughneck

Total Time
I hear we may really be looking at the possiblity of purchasing all of ATA's assets through the BK court if they fail to get concessions.Hopefully we will hire all of the personel too.

OffHot

Total Time
8000+
Now where did you here that? They don't even fly our type of equipment.

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
Total Time
>4999
roughneck said:
Hopefully we will hire all of the personel too.
Too bad you are not one of the ones making the decision.

tranceport

Total Time
enough
one of my favorite sayings lately:

ATA BOD: Here today, gone to Maui!

in other news:

everytime I hear about more concessions (have friends that work there), it makes my blood BOIL! why? because ATA (aka Southwest), constantly advertises on Chicago media.

Here's what they pay to advertise:

florida, only $79 one way, on sale!

fares as low as $59!

yes! that's right folks! we don't make any money flying at these fares but you can have them!

We here at ATA (aka southwest) does:

ask for labor concessions. And it's all labor's fault. that's right, ATA (aka Southwest) isn't making any money because it's labor's fault.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I'm glad that kind of stuff isn't going on at Southwest....yet.

Dart

Total Time
Plenty
Sounds like......STRIKE!!!

UM#1

Total Time
7000+
Where are they at senority wise with the Furloughs?

Total Time
just noticed a lot of the old C8 destinations are back on the list for travel page

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
E170Guppykiller said:
times are tough
Isn't your name Brian Fantana? Village Boy?

Dart

Total Time
Plenty
HEHE! Good luck to the ATA boys.......so much for being in the pool.

Dart

Total Time
Plenty
Mega...e170guppy first jet! They are still wet behind the ears.

FlyChicaga

Total Time
Dart, if you are who I think you are, you made a good decision on the trip we flew together! For the IND job.

Dart

Total Time
Plenty
Its me...but i dont work for them anymore. You talk about a crapy sched!

Pickle

grumpy puppy
Total Time
no mas
Lots of former C8ers at Evergreen, aren't there?