Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's left from pre-merger 9E airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bri5150

What a blood bath. Colgan lost all of their aircraft, Pinnacle lost all of their aircraft, and Mesaba lost the last 20ish of their Saabs. Soooo, the only thing left from the pre-merger companies is the Mesaba 900's. Hmmmmm, did someone say that while we were arguing about the contract and ISL way back when? ;) I am honestly not flaming here, just wanted to poke a little fun at those arguments from way back when (mostly with Flyer whom I work with at a different company now and have made peace with in person. ;) )

Good luck to all of my friends from Mesaba. This is a ********************ty situation and I wish you all the best. Don't listen to the idiots on this board. You need to vote what is best for your family. It's just another no win situation created by management similar to the original Shamruptcy at Mesaba. I hope Clutch got banned because he is waaaay over the edge.

Clutch is a flightinfo posting tough guy! A Legacy Regional Pilot...he needs to pipe down ASAP and let us make OUR decision.

Nothing left of PCL. Skywest should have bought XJ. Don't worry about clutch. I was told he has been this way since he bombed a big interview.

What a blood bath. Colgan lost all of their aircraft, Pinnacle lost all of their aircraft, and Mesaba lost the last 20ish of their Saabs. Soooo, the only thing left from the pre-merger companies is the Mesaba 900's. Hmmmmm, did someone say that while we were arguing about the contract and ISL way back when? ;) I am honestly not flaming here, just wanted to poke a little fun at those arguments from way back when (mostly with Flyer whom I work with at a different company now and have made peace with in person. ;) )

Good luck to all of my friends from Mesaba. This is a ********************ty situation and I wish you all the best. Don't listen to the idiots on this board. You need to vote what is best for your family. It's just another no win situation created by management similar to the original Shamruptcy at Mesaba. I hope Clutch got banned because he is waaaay over the edge.

Yes, but at the time, only XJ was parking planes (the Saabs) and they all came to 9E planes. Then Colgan lost their planes and they all came to 9E planes. At that time, 9E lost zero planes and had to take the excess XJ and 9L pilots. No one denied the 9E planes wouldn't eventually go. The contract initially was through only 2017. But now that 9E is going to start losing planes, no one is there for planes 9E pilots can go to. So in the end 9E is still screwed the worst. And yes, peace, glad we don't have to deal with this mess! :)

We can also say that Pinnacle is trading in the 200's for 40 900's. We might not see the 900's if it wasn't for the 200's going away.

What Pinnacle junior CA and senior FO's (mid 07 hire) are upset about is that. They got put behind the late 07 Mesaba or 08 Colgan hire. Most of the 07 hire from Mesaba were Saab CA (who was going to get downgrade) or 900's FO, now upgraded in Pinnacle 200's. Most of Pinnacle 07 hire never saw an upgrade because of this. I flew with a Mesaba 07 hire not long ago, he knew he was going to get downgraded as a Saab CA but got to transition to a 200 CA, which our FO never saw an upgrade. If we never combined the list, or put a better fence up, some of our FO could see an upgrade.

We can also say that Pinnacle is trading in the 200's for 40 900's. We might not see the 900's if it wasn't for the 200's going away.

What Pinnacle junior CA and senior FO's (mid 07 hire) are upset about is that. They got put behind the late 07 Mesaba or 08 Colgan hire. Most of the 07 hire from Mesaba were Saab CA (who was going to get downgrade) or 900's FO, now upgraded in Pinnacle 200's. Most of Pinnacle 07 hire never saw an upgrade because of this. I flew with a Mesaba 07 hire not long ago, he knew he was going to get downgraded as a Saab CA but got to transition to a 200 CA, which our FO never saw an upgrade. If we never combined the list, or put a better fence up, some of our FO could see an upgrade.

You are high. I can attest that as a captain from pre merger XJ that there was not one captain at Pinnacle or Q colgan captain who was junior to me. You need to compare apples to apples. So those 05' 06' pinnacle captains and 07' colgan captains got a huge present from Block. I was 50 ish numbers away from group two and with the flow to Delta it would have been 1/2 a year away from holding captain again if I even down graded. I say that because there have been some attrition and a fair amount life long FO's for one reason or another.

What I think you should be more concerned with is the current 5+ year Pinnacle and Mesaba FO's who dont deserve to still be FO's. That I agree. DOH should have been the formula all along with fences but who might I ask is to blame for that? Look to your (pinnacle) and colgan for that. If all had agreed to DOH, guess what? Things would be a whole lot different in some regards but in the end we are all still screwed.

140 CRJ 200 trade for 30 CRJ 900's is your argument? I would have gladly let that happen and stayed separate. But the blame here is on Delta and their shady business practices. If I would do this to my neighbor I would be in jail for bribery, coercion, and insider trading.

You are high. I can attest that as a captain from pre merger XJ that there was not one captain at Pinnacle or Q colgan captain who was junior to me. You need to compare apples to apples. So those 05' 06' pinnacle captains and 07' colgan captains got a huge present from Block. I was 50 ish numbers away from group two and with the flow to Delta it would have been 1/2 a year away from holding captain again if I even down graded. I say that because there have been some attrition and a fair amount life long FO's for one reason or another.

What I think you should be more concerned with is the current 5+ year Pinnacle and Mesaba FO's who dont deserve to still be FO's. That I agree. DOH should have been the formula all along with fences but who might I ask is to blame for that? Look to your (pinnacle) and colgan for that. If all had agreed to DOH, guess what? Things would be a whole lot different in some regards but in the end we are all still screwed.

You are correct, and the blame lies on 9E's merger committee for what they did. Agreeing to DOH would have been far better for all parties involved, and made the pill easier to swallow. I heard that the 9E merger committee leader finally stepped aside, and #2 is now the replacement for his position. Did ALPA National not payout his $12k expense report?

Latest resources

Back