Whats it like at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superfreight208

Hi, got an email from the HR lady, asking which gateway I would want? Can you commute, whats the schedule like, whats the pay like, whats the pilot group like (young, Old, retired folks). Stuff like that.

I currently work in 121 3rd year fo, looking to come to fracs.

Thanks.

Commute on your on dime. Need to be available in your gateway the first day of work. We have folks living in Houston, SAT that drive the night before and stay at hotels on their own dime to be at the DFW gateway. You bid days on and days off. Work 16 days in 28. Can try to bid down to 14 or bid up to 19. Mixed crowd of young guys and retired airline guys. Great bunch of pilots to fly with! Company is doing GREAT. Making money. A lot of new things happening: duty rules/rest rule changes, pay raise May1st, new bid system coming soon. Excellent 401K.

Jump in. The water is fine

Last edited:
Last year, I talked to Karen and she said she was not interested because I lived in Orlando, and FLL was too far away. Have they hired guys lately that have to commute?

I know they hired some guys last fall that are driving in.

All things considered I think flex is a good place to work. Good planes, good crews, lots of positive things happening.

Is it the absolutely best place in the world? Thats up to every individual i guess.

We definatly have some things the pilot group wants to take care of.

flex is fine. Obviously not the best pay, benefits, or QOL in the industry but you wont hate the job.

We do have a good fleet of planes, thats for sure. A dozen Globals would be nice though.

Last edited:
... Company is doing GREAT. Making money. A lot of new things happening: duty rules/rest rule changes, pay raise May1st, new bid system coming soon. Excellent 401K. Jump in. The water is fine

Congratulations on the improvements and the upcoming pay raise! I'm glad to hear things are going well for the Flex pilots and families. :) I think that your pay raise will help the Options pilots at the bargaining table. Keep your fingers crossed.

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

The best thing about Flex? My wife is so happy I'm here, she NEVER HAS TO POST ON FI, EVER! Just thought I would say that , apropos of nothing...TIC.

Wow! The Flex pilots must have a contract as good as the NJ pilots do. And benefits equal to theirs? Similar work rules, too, huh? Naturally, to inspire such enthusiasm it must surely be guaranteed in writing as well? I didn't realize you had it so good, Doh...;) But then, you do essentially the same job so you should have a compensation package in line with the industry standard. Enjoy the good deal you work hard to earn. NJW

The best thing about Flex? My wife is so happy I'm here, she NEVER HAS TO POST ON FI, EVER! Just thought I would say that , apropos of nothing...TIC.

TOOL..... I hope NJW kicks with her boots right in the NUTS!!!!!
Of course you dont know what nuts are....

You must be ********************finger and babbo's butt buddy!

DOHnuts comes to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tool!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back