• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's in a title?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't care what they call me as long as they pay me like a NFL Quarterback, you know, just like the good ole days.

Should I start calling my lawyer friends counselor?

We call our JAG "counselor" all the time out of respect and because it sounds cool once in a while. I don't mind referring to retired guys as Capt out of respect. Do what feels right I say. To me it's more of professional courtesy vice an actual title that you went I school for like doctor/esquire or whatever.

My father is a retired Dr. He goes by his first name or Mr. One or two people in his retirement community refer to him as "Doc" occasionally, but that is about it.

- License Plate - "Captain 737-8"

- Mailbox - "Captain Y.K.W.

- Monogrammed Sweater / Towels/ Smoking Jacket - "Captain"

I've seen your car and mailbox, so I know this isn't true. Apparently, I haven't stayed at YKW Headquarters late enough to see the smoking jacket.

My first boss was a retired USN 06 who had been pre-selected as a CAG before he took a seven year detour to the Hanoi Hilton.

We both have uniforms in our closets with four stripes on the sleeves but it's really not the same thing.

I still address him as "Captain" or "sir". He calls me by my first name.

That's great. I refer to one of the guys I fly with who was a KC-135 Commander in Viet Nam as either Colonel or General depending on whether he's SIC or PIC on a given trip. He calls me Kev.

Any airline pilot that calls himself captain or insists upon it is a colossal fcking douc-he*bag and needs to be repeatedly kicked in the d-ick so it is impossible for him to procreate and add more of his stupid fcking DNA to the world.

Any airline pilot that calls himself captain or insists upon it is a colossal fcking douc-he*bag and needs to be repeatedly kicked in the d-ick so it is impossible for him to procreate and add more of his stupid fcking DNA to the world.

Says the guy with Capn as a screen name........Classic!:D

Nicely played.

Won't work, he already knocked up a F/A when he was an F/O, but when he upgrades he will be able to afford alimony for 2 more wives and their kids, unless he is a regional guy, then he will live in his parents basement "apartment".

Latest resources

Back