Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jmt

Jammin monkey Tee
I hear from a friend who interviewed recently that they're interviewing every week and that they'll be hiring every month, starting next month. What's going on? Are they getting more airplanes? I think they still have an option for 100 more planes.

pretty sure they can have all the options they want... problem is all the DCI carriers are capped scope wise on their 76 seaters...

Word from the higher ups is we are hiring to cover increased aircraft utilization, although they said hiring 2nd quarter 2010. 60 pilots is the number that gets thrown around a lot. Thats 15% of the pilot group, which seems like a lot of people for extra utilization.

This is no BS this time. I heard from a compass rose pilot that they believe that Delta is playing favorites. They like the cost of operations at compass and it looks like they'll get a lot more flying and airplanes. I don't know though, other than the owner and good equipment, it's still another regional with bad pay. They didn't say much about the flow through, it's an afterthought now.

Delta may hire in 6 to 12 months..... the ones that have their 36 months can flow....... not more than Delta wants though.... they are not going to have regional flights cancel due to crew shortage..... the rest and majority of Delta new hires will be off the street......60 or so sounds about right for a small hiring wave.

Last edited:
Delta hiring?????? Anderson said he has 1,500 extra pilots right now at Delta and Northwest. I would think it will take more than 6 months to need more than that. Nice try though.

Delta hiring?????? Anderson said he has 1,500 extra pilots right now at Delta and Northwest. I would think it will take more than 6 months to need more than that. Nice try though.

Not anymore....

As of last month we were approximately 1000 pilots fat for this winter.

7% increase in flying next summer as compared to this summer's sched, increased utilization of aircraft and new aircraft coming on property.

Not anymore....

As of last month we were approximately 1000 pilots fat for this winter.

7% increase in flying next summer as compared to this summer's sched, increased utilization of aircraft and new aircraft coming on property.

and the overstaffing is a little more than normal but all airlines get fat on staffing in the slow months. This coming summer is going to keep us busy, which is a good thing.

If you listen to the whole statement from the hire up "fat 1000 pilots now and even for summer months". The overage taken care of by the drop in hrs per month at bid time.

Latest resources

Back