• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats going on at ATLAS/POLAR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Well of course any ERAU graduates will get immediate interviews. After that it is basically a free for all."

Is this a joke? Why would an ERAU grad get preferential treatment?

"Well of course any ERAU graduates will get immediate interviews. After that it is basically a free for all."

Is this a joke? Why would an ERAU grad get preferential treatment?

Oh definitely! If you get an interview someday, be sure and mention to the CP that your are an ERAU grad and would like to exercise your preferential treatment.

I'll try to help as much as I can. However, my information is from the charter side of the business, as I am in the 747 Classic. All new hires (now furloughed) have gone to the 400.

The 400's are mainly wet leased and do scheduled work for other airlines and contracts. The Classics are used for military charters and other cargo charters (such as hauling the Red Bull team on occasions). In the charter business, there really is no pilot scheduling. You go to work for 17 days and the company moves you wherever they need a Classic pilot for a haul. I sometimes will put my 17's together for 34 days on and 26 off. That is a looong 34 days, though.

Often, I have been on two "heavy crew" flights in-a-row, which times a pilot out in a seven day period, so I have been assigned rest in one place for five or six days in-a-row. The wife has DL flight bennies, so she'll come see me whenever that happens in the EU. When it happen in Asia, it's more difficult for her to get there within the time I am down.

When I got hired, a pilot needed heavy and international experience to be considered. They even did a short written psych test at that time, but I don't know if they still do that. I have talked to some new-hires when they were training and most seem to have some heavy experience.

I really don't know, or have an inside look at what the company will look for when the furloughs come back and hiring starts again. All I can say is that it never hurts to send a resume', but not until all of the furloughs are back because it will simply fill the dumpster up.

I'll try to help as much as I can. However, my information is from the charter side of the business, as I am in the 747 Classic. All new hires (now furloughed) have gone to the 400.

The 400's are mainly wet leased and do scheduled work for other airlines and contracts. The Classics are used for military charters and other cargo charters (such as hauling the Red Bull team on occasions). In the charter business, there really is no pilot scheduling. You go to work for 17 days and the company moves you wherever they need a Classic pilot for a haul. I sometimes will put my 17's together for 34 days on and 26 off. That is a looong 34 days, though.

Often, I have been on two "heavy crew" flights in-a-row, which times a pilot out in a seven day period, so I have been assigned rest in one place for five or six days in-a-row. The wife has DL flight bennies, so she'll come see me whenever that happens in the EU. When it happen in Asia, it's more difficult for her to get there within the time I am down.

When I got hired, a pilot needed heavy and international experience to be considered. They even did a short written psych test at that time, but I don't know if they still do that. I have talked to some new-hires when they were training and most seem to have some heavy experience.

I really don't know, or have an inside look at what the company will look for when the furloughs come back and hiring starts again. All I can say is that it never hurts to send a resume', but not until all of the furloughs are back because it will simply fill the dumpster up.

Great post.. Can you give an example of a recent trip? Pay does pay look like end of the month?

Latest resources

Back