• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what's a sub 1500TT Lakes dude to do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was a citabria at my old flight school. Once a year someone would ground loop it. I guess it affected me because I never flew it other than spin training for my CFI. When I'm retired I would love to try it. It's just that since then I've connected tailwheels with ground loops for better or worse.

I had a '41 Chief, flew it for over 600 hours and got every penny back out of it when I sold it. Extreme climb prop resulted in 4.5 gph and a 500 fpm rate of climb at gross. TOC typically took about a minute.

When instructing, almost all of what I did was tail wheel endorsements. Every student, no matter how much time they had, had to learn how to taxi, takeoff and land all over again like a new student. The first takeoff in a C-140 was Humility 101.

A tail wheel requires you to use correct technique.

That airplane was the best investment I ever made.

You missed the "really learn how to fly part". If you fly with your feet on the floor of any airplane while landing, bad things will eventually happen. But don't let that get in the way of the fresh copy of USA Today....

Speaking of that, what did you get for 18 across yesterday?

Some of you guys really need to learn how to relax. Pilots are the biggest bunch of d.b's I know.

Bought a PA-20 for 8500$ (flat tires,dead battery, old fabric.) Flew it for 2 yrs and put 240hrs on it, sold for 12K (new tires, new battery.)
First T/O was a real eye opener as it careened from one side of the runway to the other, Flight instructor laughed his azz off all the way around the pattern. Wish I had kept it now.

Loved my taildragger time! Some of the most fun I ever had in an airplane.

Tailwheel pilots tend to be quicker and more accurate when flying a v1 cut, all things considered.

They are very tuned in to directional control.

Latest resources

Back