Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ToiletDuck

Ninja
Does anyone know a website where I can search for lower time jobes based on any of these areas within a decent distance from where I live? I've been looking all over for the names of companies and I'm finding them hard to come by. It would be nice if I could just do a search on a website for location.
Thanks
Duck

- banner towing
- glider towing
- pipeline patrol
- traffic patrol
- customs border patrol

you'll find that pipeline patrol, and other "patrol" type flying is mostly going to require higher than 300 hours. for example, the local pipe company where i live considers applicants having 1500+ hours. also, word on the street is that you also have to be ex-military to be considered at this particular operation. now, the flip side of that is that the pay is great for what you are flying. most of the people i see in these positions are career types, and considering the pay and benefits, why shouldn't they be.

now, i second dropzone.com for sky diving, and i also know that you can tow banners with pretty low time, but seriously, instructing is an awesome way to build time. there was a stretch when i was instructing for a living, that i billed over 100 hours a month for several months in a row. that adds up! the catch is not to be the lame a$$ instructor who bails out on 4 hours of instruction to go log .8 in some friends ragged out pa23. you want to be the instructor who is there when the other guy's stood up students show for their lesson! i know that the other instructors i worked with hated me. it didn't take long before i was personally giving more dual than all of the other cfi's at this particular school combined!

you too can have some success instructing. the key, as with anything, is to keep a good attitude, focus on why you are there, and remember that being a cfi is so much more than a time building obligation. if that is all that it is too you, then by all means, please don't do it.

as for the specialty low-time flying job website, i have never seen such, but maybe you could start one!

good luck and best regards.

casper1nine

I am going to flight instruct. I'm working on my CFI now. I do want to be a CFI. My old CFI flew for people on the side here and there. He loved it. Added to the experience. The other day we were going to fly to New Mexico to pick a guy up in his plane. I know that's not really a job but variety is fun. Sometimes one thing bogs you down so he flew for other people all the time. Plus I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. I want to keep my ear to the ground on job openings in my area at all times.

Thanks for those websites guys. Greatly appreciated :)

casper1nine said:
you too can have some success instructing. the key, as with anything, is to keep a good attitude, focus on why you are there, and remember that being a cfi is so much more than a time building obligation.
casper1nine

Being flexable is also a good thing. I had a student that worked construction all day then did the flight lessons after work. One day he asked if we could do the lesson at 7am, and he'd just go into work late. I noticed a huge improvement with him flying before work. We switched his lessons to 5am, so he could be at work on time. It was brutal waking up at 4am for his lessons, but he improved remarkedly.

Latest resources

Back