• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's a good KNEEBOARD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll tell ya, I just got the Jepp trifold kneeboard yesterday, and on the metal clipboard part, there is this clear plastic layed over the whole front of the metal clipboard. Well this looked like hell because it was scratch up plastic, etc. so I took it off. Now my **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** metal board has this stickey glue **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** that I can't get all the way off. I used some GooGone solution but that didn't get it al off. Now when I put the metal clipboard in the pocket with the clear plastic window, the thing gets sort of stuck in there because it sticks to the clear plastic window.

I guess I wasn't supposed to take this clear plastic film layer off the metal clipboard huh?

From what I remember, the Jepp Trifold Kneeboard isn't glued together and is supposed to be 2 pieces. There is a cloth piece and the metal clipboard and both can be taken apart from each other. Plus the metal part should have a 'cheat sheet' on it of either IFR or VFR stuff.

I second the motion for the office depot trip...

All those in favor?

Jedi_Cheese said:
From what I remember, the Jepp Trifold Kneeboard isn't glued together and is supposed to be 2 pieces. There is a cloth piece and the metal clipboard and both can be taken apart from each other. Plus the metal part should have a 'cheat sheet' on it of either IFR or VFR stuff.

NOOOOOO...
it's not glued together, I was talking about the Metal clipboard piece, has a thin clear plastic film over it. And this is glued to the metal clipboard. This is what I removed..
I don't know if I was supposed to remove that

squale said:
I'll tell ya, I just got the Jepp trifold kneeboard yesterday, and on the metal clipboard part, there is this clear plastic layed over the whole front of the metal clipboard. Well this looked like hell because it was scratch up plastic, etc. so I took it off. Now my **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** metal board has this stickey glue **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** that I can't get all the way off. I used some GooGone solution but that didn't get it al off. Now when I put the metal clipboard in the pocket with the clear plastic window, the thing gets sort of stuck in there because it sticks to the clear plastic window.

I guess I wasn't supposed to take this clear plastic film layer off the metal clipboard huh?

Mine came off w/o problems (that was 3 years ago though). I would bring it back.

okay so you DID take this plastic film off the metal clipboard too? you diddn't have like any glue or sticky stuff remaining on the metal clipboard once the film was removed?

this is post # 56 ,about a kneeboard..!!!
Wooowwww........

Here's more advice:
Just buy one.

squale said:
okay so you DID take this plastic film off the metal clipboard too? you diddn't have like any glue or sticky stuff remaining on the metal clipboard once the film was removed?

Yes I did take it off and there was no glue on mine. But that was three years ago!!! They might have changed the product, but I really do not know why they would put on glue :rolleyes:

7B2,
w/o your post it would be one less ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back