What Would You Do ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLARKGRSWOLD

I am currently a 10 year Captain for a large regional. I just turned 31. My wife and I have been discussing options for the upcoming years. Is it worth leaving for a "legacy" ? What would you all do ? I am torn over staying or leaving.

Seeing as nobody's hiring, I'd say you need not worry. Also, by C-15 do you mean this?

fig04.jpg

I am currently a 10 year Captain for a large regional. I just turned 31. My wife and I have been discussing options for the upcoming years. Is it worth leaving for a "legacy" ? What would you all do ? I am torn over staying or leaving.

Follow your heart, of course no one knows what the upcoming years will bring, but you are free take what's behind door no.2. Good luck in any case.

If you were hired at a regional at 21 in 1999 and you are still working there now, you are never leaving. Every single major airline has hired in your window of opportunity to leave. You passed it either by choice, a black mark on your record, or lack or qualifications (maybe you don't have a degree).

Hiring boom is coming in 2011, get on the front and see what happens, you will know if you made the right move in 5 maybe 10 years. Remember all the guys who went to their career jobs at NJ, ABX, DAL, AAL, etc. Seniority at your present job may have some nice side effects. Don't worry about the degree thing SWA doesn;t care.

If you were hired at a regional at 21 in 1999 and you are still working there now, you are never leaving. Every single major airline has hired in your window of opportunity to leave. You passed it either by choice, a black mark on your record, or lack or qualifications (maybe you don't have a degree).

MMM not quite right jack ass, I have a degree, went to a regional, 7 yr upgrade, takes a while to get 1000 pic, bye the time I had that, the most recent hiring window had closed.

You need to think before you speak. Not everyone went to exploding regional that upgrades at ATP mins.

LOL, your funny. I was furloughed with 9/11 for 6 months. I was an FO by choice for 6 years. JETBLUE never excited me. AA was not hiring. UAL ???? would of been furloughed. Airtran ? No thanks. CAL and DAL are the only 2 I would like really to go to. When they did hire those small few a couple years back, I had my apps out. But so did thousands of others.

I highly doubt that I would be a "black mark " if I was hired in the next 5 years. after all I could give that airline 30 years of my slavery.

AND FYI I was hired in JAN of 2000

I was in your shoes at EV, left for DAL and it was the best thing I did. I have nor will ever look back. I will make 100K on reserve next year.

Latest resources

Back