• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would happen to SKYW if UAL died?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Given that ASA has pretty good scope to protect against aircraft transfers and a no-furlough clause, I'd say ASA would come out fine.

It would be a major blow to our parent corporation....Therefor it would hurt us also....

How have all the scope sections and no furlough clauses helped the United boys?

I believe Jerry and the boys have a plan B and C....It may involve Skywest buying up United....If that happens...the scope "debate" will really heat up.....

I don't believe United will fold anytime soon.... Probably the govt. would just bail them out as they have a few other larger, poorly-run airlines in the past.
-Too big to fail, etc.

-Pretty soon we are all going to be govt. employees-at least according to our tax bill.

ASA's scope and air transfer clause is a dog with no teeth. Have you read that section? They can transfer aircraft up to a certain amount a year for years before one pilot from ASA needs to be moved to the skywest list.

ASA's scope and air transfer clause is a dog with no teeth. Have you read that section? They can transfer aircraft up to a certain amount a year for years before one pilot from ASA needs to be moved to the skywest list.

Well, yes and no. They can transfer 4 aircraft in a rolling 12 month period but they can't furlough anybody hired before 11/20/07. It would take 35 years to transfer all the airplanes at that rate!

I'm sure Ill get bashed for this but I bet Jerry and the SKW mgmnt team could turn around and make UAL profitable.

When UAL was approaching bankruptcy, I suggested to the CFO that SKYW simply buy them. He smiled at the whimsical suggestion and said they actually had looked at it but the cash flow was not something that would be sustainable. Shortly after, UAL entered bankruptcy.

Latest resources

Back