• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would Brian Boitano do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also disagree about the bottom feeders. It's a tough market. Go for jet time. Some might disagree, but props are dead. The market is flooded with 20 somethings with RJ time. My 5000+ turbine PIC isn't jack in this market. I guess thats it's just evolution. I'm going back into my cave and draw on the walls.

Ill Mitch said:
1. Fly for a frac, get a type rating and be part of a multi-crew jet (even tho it is part 91), log PIC time when I get the chance. But how does someone like Kalitta view that time? Do they want the PIC to be only if you are designated as the PIC on the flight like some of the majors?

Don't count on the fracs for PIC time....upgrades are quite long these days. If you want to work for Kalitta....have you considered trying to go work for Kalitta Charters? They fly Lears and Tubine Beech 18's(not sure if they still operate these or not, but they used to at least).....plus you'll have a track record with that company. I know guys have made the switch from the Lears to 747's, but I don't know how difficult it is.

Then again....working for Kalitta Charters you won't make squat(at least as an FO, Captains can do decent - not great - during the busy times).

Latest resources

Back