Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Will Your Airline's Pay Be When Comair's Freeze Ends?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't really know what to say Crossky without sounding like an a$$hole. I don't disagree with what you say, but it is falling on deaf ears on my side of the computer.

Some of us have been through this stuff before, but we're in the minority.

Crossky said:
Here you all go again, complaining about your management not making true on their promises. Respectfully, let's remember that your pilot group does not have a union, only a pilot association. Your company management can do whatever they want to. Furthermore, your pilot group voted NO last year to organize as a union. I'm sorry, your whining is going out on deaf ears.

You're still getting longevity raises right? If so then a 1% raise plus profit sharing should be a good deal in this market, especially for a non-union pilot group. Remember, you don't pay 2.5% Union dues as well, with my paycheck that's another 62 bucks a month that I don't see.
So, which is it? Are we getting a pretty good deal? Or are we weak and pathetic because we didn't vote in UPA, a completely unproven in-house union? I think I'm missing the point of your post. Would anyone from a union carrier like to tell us how often their management breaks promises? What are you getting at?

Unfortunately, contracts/agreements are broken, misinterpreted, and abused all the time. In both cases (union and non-union), some type of grievance process takes place. SkyWest has a history of an exemplary working relationship with its management -- up until now. Even if UPA (or ALPA, Teamsters, or whoever) were voted in, it would not end SkyWest management's ability to violate the "agreement." In the end, I think SkyWest management may be making a fatal mistake by destroying 33 years of trust and goodwill from their pilot group with this token "raise." They are on record as telling the pilots that they will take care of them, and if they go back on that promise then their word has lost every ounce of its value.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
Where'd you get those pay numbers from? On airlinepilotpay.com your Comair numbers are right, but Expressjet and CHQ are 68 and 67 respectively at 7 year captain pay 50 seater. Which puts them right in line with Comair after the pay freeze.

That's their pay now, not in 2007. In 2007, his numbers are accurate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back