Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Will Your Airline's Pay Be When Comair's Freeze Ends?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA pilots voted NO on givebacks and got 25 new planes, didn't have to give anything up. Isn't it obvious that this same thing is happening to Comair? Whether you give back or not, I think the outcome will be the same. Hopefully you will grow, but how can Delta afford any new orders at a WO?

ASA pilots voted NO on givebacks and got 25 new planes, didn't have to give anything up. Isn't it obvious that this same thing is happening to Comair? Whether you give back or not, I think the outcome will be the same. Hopefully you will grow, but how can Delta afford any new orders at a WO?

No, it's not obvious. Different times with different results. Today is not yesterday.

Flying Horses said:
The pay scales on airlinepilotpay.com are the pay scales effective 12/04 and 10/04, respectively. There will be new payscales in 2005, 2006, 2007. This is why some people, and unfortunately some Comair pilots, say that even with a pay freeze they will be the best-paid. But, clearly this is not the case.

Aha that's what fooled me. We haven't had any new payscales at ASA for oh, over two years now. I kinda forgot about that. Sure would be nice to have that again! (insert random contract negotiation BS grumblings here)

Flying Horsies,

Your facts are not quite accurate. Under the LOA, the next longevity bump would be the normal paytable slide. That is, the 5 year Capt making $68.13 would be moved up to $70.13. It would happen on June 1, 2007 or later in the year if your hire date was later. The 2% bump you spoke of would occur in Jan 2008, bringing the $70.13 to $71.53.

Im still voting no, but if you want to flame us, at least get it right.

SkyWest pilots are currently in negations with management for a new "contract". From what I can tell management is proposing a 1% pay raise for the pilot group. What length of time the new "contract" will be good for and all the specifics are still unknown. Assuming the 1% pay increase is implemented and the "contract" goes through in 2007 a 7 year, 50-99 seat captain at SkyWest will make approximately $70.04/hr

Voting NO

I, too, will be voting NO. My initial thought was NO, and I still haven't found anyway to justify a YES, despite keeping an open mind. The proposed LOA is outrageous and I hope it goes down in flames!!

SNK

fugghedabowdit said:
Flying Horsies,

Your facts are not quite accurate. Under the LOA, the next longevity bump would be the normal paytable slide. That is, the 5 year Capt making $68.13 would be moved up to $70.13. It would happen on June 1, 2007 or later in the year if your hire date was later. The 2% bump you spoke of would occur in Jan 2008, bringing the $70.13 to $71.53.

Im still voting no, but if you want to flame us, at least get it right.

You guys have this XJT pilots' full support. You've done your part in upholding the bar in this crappy industry. If you feel concessions are needed to keep your flying, thats fine, no flaming from me. Good Luck!

To the Comair pilots...do you believe that you are being paid too much money right now? If yes, than vote for the pay freeze. If no, than vote no. IMHO we do not make enough money as it is. You are making a lot of money for Delta every quarter, and so is ASA. We (ASA) need your help. Just think about it.

fugghedabowdit said:
MYF,

Are you bragging about a 50-99 seat pay scale? Say it aint so!

No, I'm definitely not bragging, just conveying what the wording of our "contract" (those are meant to be sarcastic quotes), it says "50-99 seat" pay rates. I can only dream in 2007 that we'd even have Comair's old contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back