Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What will be the first airline to go out of business do to lack of crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My friend, voting "pro labor" will not help your lot in life. You cannot legislate your every need (although many politicians would have you believe this). You cannot tell crew scheduling, managment, etc., to go fu*k themselves or you risk losing your job. So you feel your only recourse is to "vote" officials who will champion your cause. This is sad, and a fundamental weakness in our society.

If you want to improve your life, take time each day to work on a side business, or skill that will make you less vulnerable to your employers whims. Eventually when your other business or skill (such as option trading, real estate, and the like) is strong and profitable, you CAN tell scheduling, Chief Pilots, management, to GO FU*K themselves.

Don't relinquish all of your power to the governemt. Take charge AND RESPONSIBILITY for your own life.

Or you can just open another beer, order another pizza, and watch American Idol.......like 99% of the population.

Well you can vote for the politician who would appoint more pro-labor members to the NMB, or more pro-labor judges who would allow a pilot group to go on strike instead of keeping them in negotiation constantly or granting an injunction keeping them from fighting for a fair contract. Idealistic, I know, but I can hope.

And I really hope 99% of the population doesn't watch American Idol.

Well you can vote for the politician who would appoint more pro-labor members to the NMB, or more pro-labor judges who would allow a pilot group to go on strike instead of keeping them in negotiation constantly or granting an injunction keeping them from fighting for a fair contract. Idealistic, I know, but I can hope.

And I really hope 99% of the population doesn't watch American Idol.

I'll second that whole post

Jedi....what you say definitely makes sense...I was trying to add up all the po dunk flight schools, Univ's and academies that produce pilots. yeah 30K or more is definitely a lot of money to drop for flight training.

uh, try 80-150K at about every pilot puppy farm. (RAA, DCA, Riddle, MAPD, PanAm, American Flyers etc.) Key Bank (THE lender for these schools) is out of the business, due to defaults.

Trust me, there is a shortage when: mins are dropped, bonuses are offered, classes can't be filled, and your FO is logging IMC for the first time.

and we wonder why the pay is so low

well,
is there a shortage of crews in trucking industry when they pay $250 / 2 weeks and the driver pays 70/week on food expenses?
More and more airlines are looking like trucking companies.. more and more flight schools are looking like trucking schools.

My friend, voting "pro labor" will not help your lot in life. You cannot legislate your every need (although many politicians would have you believe this). You cannot tell crew scheduling, managment, etc., to go fu*k themselves or you risk losing your job. So you feel your only recourse is to "vote" officials who will champion your cause. This is sad, and a fundamental weakness in our society.

If you want to improve your life, take time each day to work on a side business, or skill that will make you less vulnerable to your employers whims. Eventually when your other business or skill (such as option trading, real estate, and the like) is strong and profitable, you CAN tell scheduling, Chief Pilots, management, to GO FU*K themselves.

Don't relinquish all of your power to the governemt. Take charge AND RESPONSIBILITY for your own life.

Or you can just open another beer, order another pizza, and watch American Idol.......like 99% of the population.

My mother told me to never pick a fight with a Libertarian social Darwinist...or did she say never start a fight with an idealist... or maybe she told me you can never win an argument when you argue with a fool. It really doesn't matter, each saying means the same thing.

Your John Wayne approach to life and politics sounds very noble and manly. I imagine that most libertarians have extremely large penises. The problem with your tough guy social philosophies is they don't make sense in the real world. While you are busy preening your next political argument (I am sure your next argument will expose the liberals' plan to install a government that will castrate the brass balls of all well endowed libertarians; damn castrating communist bastards) the thieves of the world are canceling pensions of middle class Americans, enslaving the third world, waging war for profit, and outlawing my right to strike.

In your world it is wrong to protect senior citizens from having their pensions stolen.

In your world it's OK for my employer to threaten taking my job, but it is illegal for me to strike.

In your world it is OK to pay an Asian 9 year old $1 a week to make shoes that sell for $100 a pair.

In your world it's impossible for me to fight an incorrect charge on my phone bill because the phone company has one hundred lawyers and I am just one person.

Sure, the free market might straighten out these problems, it's evolution, but I don't want to wait for evolution to take place. Evolution takes thousands of years. Evolution makes better crocodiles, sharks, and faster rabbits. Evolution does not close sweat shops or stop my phone company from robbing me.

Vote pro Labor in 2008

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back