Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What was the worst commuter aircraft YOU have flown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Metroliner with a little green cargo company. Swear to god the damn thing was ever so slightly curved.

Casa 212. I hated that airplane. I'm not sure what the Spanish do well, but making airplanes is CLEARLY not one of them.

-Flying through precipitation meant taking on water faster than the Edmund Fitzgerald.

-Water always leaked from the windows down and onto the Audio Control Panel......made you really sharp at lost comm. procedures.

-Garrett engines that you had to spin after every flight to prevent shaft bow.

-Gear didn't retract.

-HUH???!!!!!???? What'd you say??????

-Always felt like it was tipping over during refueling- the strut would suddenly compress on the fueling side and drop quickly with an unexpected fury.

-Bad Negative Torque Sensing problems that would/could drive the prop into reverse in a descent. American Eagle lost two of these in the same hole going into MIA due to this.

-Huh????? What did you say???????? I can't hear ya!

-Flew like a house, climbed like a house, would descend like a house, and looked like a house.

-The only aircraft in my aviation career that made me feel compelled to hide my face while walking away from it.

Last edited:
Casa 212. I hated that airplane. I'm not sure what the Spanish do well, but making airplanes is CLEARLY not one of them.

-Flying through precipitation meant taking on water faster than the Edmund Fitzgerald.

-Water always leaked from the windows down and onto the Audio Control Panel......made you really sharp at lost comm. procedures.

-Garrett engines that you had to spin after every flight to prevent shaft bow.

-Gear didn't retract.

-HUH???!!!!!???? What'd you say??????

-Always felt like it was tipping over during refueling- the strut would suddenly compress on the fueling side and drop quickly with an unexpected fury.

-Bad Negative Torque Sensing problems that would/could drive the prop into reverse in a descent. American Eagle lost two of these in the same hole going into MIA due to this.

-Huh????? What did you say???????? I can't hear ya!

-Flew like a house, climbed like a house, would descend like a house, and looked like a house.

-The only aircraft in my aviation career that made me feel compelled to hide my face while walking away from it.

I rode on one of those once. The guy in front of me as we were walking out to it said "will this thing even get off the ground?" I was wondering the same thing.

Flying one must be like sex with a fat girl????

I didn't mind the J31 all that much... But the ones I flew had yaw damp, GPS, and a tolerable autopilot. Personally the biggest POS in my book is the CRJ-200. Granted maybe that's because I had already flown the CRJ-900 for years first, or maybe it has to do with the S-bag airline. Either way the 200 should have gone right from Montreal to St. Louis (or wherever Budweiser makes their beer cans)

Dornier 328 turboprop. Needed Hulk Hogan's finger strength to get the props into reverse.

Over engineered piece of high speed German garbage.

Props had to be out of feather to flush the lav. (On the ground you flush by pouring a cup of coffee down there)

Plastic instrument panel was held on by Velcro and would frequently fall off.

Proximity sensors for everything.

Not enough rudder = VMC demo if you got 1 knot slow on V1 cut.

Nope. Didn't like it one bit, and this from a guy who previously flew the Jetstream 3100!

That airplane was a dream!! Sure it had some quirck like a A/C lav on a D/C airplane. The V1 cuts were insane in the sim. But in real life it just didn't care.

Only good memories of the Shorts 330. Flew like a dream, offered widebody cockpit entry doors, and carried ice like a mule. So what if she was fugly, would get passed on the autobahn, and leaked gas into the cabin. When ur dating the fat girl that keeps you happy, I say hold your head high. Sometimes the other fellows just don't know what they are missing.

Remember though when we were tooling around traffic pattern in a ragged out Cessna 150 anyone of those aircraft mentioned seemed like a dream machine.

I once heard a conversation at Reno along these lines about "what was the worse warbird you and ever flown?" Unfortunately I had nothing to add.

A thread where pilots get to b!tch about stuff? Why didn't I think of it?

The Brasilia really was a good airplane, as long as it wasn't trying to kill you with an unrecoverable prop overspeed. It gets a few points deducted for that one. Oh, and who designed the hopelessly overcomplex flap systems?

yeah but she had that oh so sexy voice announcing impending doom. who cares? "auto... feather...." sounded positively dirty!

Latest resources

Back