What to expect in NJA indoc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skysurfer76

looking forward to attending NJA indoc starting Dec 3rd....having never gone through an indoc with any company, I'm not sure what to expect/prepare for

any info will appreciated

also will be in the 680 class @ CMH in Jan.

It's been a few years since I've been through but I think the basics are probably the same. You'll get a good-size binder that covers benefits. You'll get a company overview and history. After the pleasantries, then you'll get down to work, reviewing the FOM (Flight Operations Manual). You'll also get presentations throughout the class from various departments around the company. Depending on his schedule, you might even hear from RTS himself. The union will also send in a representative to give you a welcome. I would think that you'll also do some training in a pool: rescue swimming and such. At least, we did that when I was in indoc. At the end of indoc, you'll take a written test over what you've covered in class. It changes but at least part, if not all, of that test is open book.

One thing that I highly recommend you do before indoc is sign up for all of the various frequent flier and hotel programs that you can. At one point during indoc, you'll have the option to submit those numbers to the travel department and they'll input those into your profile. I find that very handy and it's nice to check into a hotel or at an airport and already have your membership number showing on your reservation.

Good luck and enjoy indoc! :beer:

Last edited:
When I did indoc in Dec 2006 it was for the most part what GG said, except the test was completely closed book.

Indoc rocks, lots of fun and drinking at the DT (don’t forget to tip the bartender) the test is open FOM have fun.

We can't talk about that.

Bring thick underwear, or wear Depends. The paddlings are horrendous.

Nah!! That was just for Mooney drivers!!!:nuts:

Latest resources

Back