Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nwcrjca

My question quite simply is:

What benefits will instantly dissolve once we enter into a lawful strike?

Will we retain medical benefits or other insurance benefits or will we have to pay for cobra?

What about jumpseating on other carriers?

Of course all of this is jumping the gun since we all know we at 9E have a better chance of winning the lottery then being released by the NMB.

My question quite simply is:

What benefits will instantly dissolve once we enter into a lawful strike?

Will we retain medical benefits or other insurance benefits or will we have to pay for cobra?

What about jumpseating on other carriers?

Of course all of this is jumping the gun since we all know we at 9E have a better chance of winning the lottery then being released by the NMB.

Is it April 1st or something? What if...now that's funny!

When I was on strike at Comair we (and you) lose anything company offered...aka health insurance. I still had my ID so I was able to jumpseat. Of course your company will probably stop paying to maintain it's CASS database so maybe you could still ride in the back, if the gate agent knows the rules.

Good luck.

Screw getting released it aint going to happen. Grow a pair, try flying safe for a couple months. So what if they threaten your precious little 900's, they won't go anywhere when it's all said and done. Stop falling for your managements BS and going out of the way to make your operation better. They are just lauging at you all the way to the bank.

Sounds like Smarta$$ has the right idea. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=107608

Last edited:
Well if you guys get released (won't happen) then Dl will smile and make life impossible for 9E, then dump all flying 9E does(assuming strike happens). Which in turn will make this board good again. Most on here would only talk of how quick they upgraded, and that their pilot group should not take a great contract because if they do they will not have 1 yr upgrades. If they lose 1yr upgrades then most won't be able to get that job at xyz that is furloughing, but it would be nice just to get on the list then collect unemployment for awhile. Damn, sorry just thinking about what a couple of airlines did to OH. Face it, if 9E actually does go on strike Mesa and CHQ will F you in a second. But give it a shot, hopefully it works and weak pilot groups will follow. If it doesn't you can hold your head high. Management won't stop a strike, they have proven that they would rather lose a one time lump sum then just give in to a few dollars and be profitable.

From what I remember from 89days in 2001, you COBRA your health benefits, but the premiums can be paid after the fact. In other words, you don't pay COBRA premiums unless you actually use your health care. Your union reps should be able to give you a more definitive answer.

If self help is coming your way, expect the union to mobilize some sort of Family Awareness committee to help disseminate this sort of info.

Also, Mesa Sux!

Latest resources

Back