• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What To Eat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Granola bars are good, I plan on a box of Kashi bars a day (not bad, it's like $2.75 a day). The Ramen noodles suck a$$, they don't have any nutrition! I always keep an eye out for fruit at the hotels and stuff my flight bag full. Anyone ever carry those frozen bean burritos around with them?

avocados, soy beans, power bars, beef jerky and tuna..but the smell can be overwhelming to some crew members.

Tuna can smell horrible, but like someone else mentioned there's tuna available in foil packets or if you are like me and hate tuna, there's also salmon in foil. All very healthy!

Tuna can smell horrible, but like someone else mentioned there's tuna available in foil packets or if you are like me and hate tuna, there's also salmon in foil. All very healthy!

I would think you would be accustom to the smell by now!

Don't quit your day job, sweetie. You slept thru Nutrition 101. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should pay attention to some of the latest research regarding skim and low-fat dairy sources, their CLA content, and calcium and how they all do actually have a potential significant thermogenic effect. ;)

Resurrecting an old thread:

I've started carrying an insulated bag with small cans of low-sodium V8, single-serving cups of MinuteRice Brown Rice, foil-sealed tuna, chicken, and salmon, almonds, pistachios, dried apricots, low-fat chocolate milk and various energy and protein bars. Occasionally throw in a Healthy Choice soup thing or two.

I raid the fruit bowl whenever any of the hotels have apples, oranges, etc. out.

I'm trying to incorporate more veggies in right now and trying to figure out the best way to do that.

I'd like to know from some of you more innovative crew members some cabin oven cooking tips. I just recently found some Hormel single-serving meals that are pretty damn healthy w/the exception of being slightly high in sodium.

Last edited:
Just in! and I would like to try and find the article and it is recent! Tomato sauce ( but who will carry tomato sauce on a trip?) Tomato sauce helps with Prostate cancer, eat as much tomato sauce on the road as you can!

Not really an issue if you don't have a prostate!

Those kiddie sized snack packs of carrots are easy to carry and portioned about right for a very quick snack. A can of Almonds also makes it into the flight bag and a bag of dark chocolate for Flight Attendant bribes.

At my airline they often have meals on board, but the Flight Attendants take the food home to their cats before the pilots get any food. The chocolate helps the pilots get a little jump on the kitties when it comes to eating during a 15 hour day. We pilots are too slow to catch mice and small birds, so we've got to use our heads....

Six pieces of chocolate for a left over first class meal isn't bad. The cereal with a fruit plate is great in the morning.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back