• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What to do with a 7foot prop blade?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told that the prop came off the same bird, but not when the film was made. Anyone know how to post pics here?

You can't post pics on here, but you can put them on a site like putfile.com and post a link. I for one would like to see it.

Well, I think the Jimmy Stewart plane was a Marine R4Q. I recall one scene where he and his buddy, the flight engineer, were standing inside the plane, in the cargo compartment and the plexiglas board behind them was stencelled VMR 352, a Marine transport squadron. I suppose the air farce called them C 82`s or C 119`s, something like that. Anyway, I`m pretty sure that plane, whatever it was called, was powered by two R 3350`s, a big a$$ engine.

The more recent movie had the C-119, whereas the former movie had a C-82 Packet. It had R-2800's as ASquared said. At H&P, we had both the C-119 and the C-82...the C-82 was the last one flying. It was Gene Power's pride and joy, along with the A-26 that was painted half in warbird colors, and half in civil colors with a pinup of Gene's wife on the side.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back